Indian artifacts?

DW

Long Time Member
Is this a scraper? Fits in my hand like it would be perfect for fleshing a hide.

8375720180629145826.jpg

3960220180629145855.jpg

2631420180629145831.jpg

#livelikezac

Very good chance it is. Looks like someone has napped the edge to bring it to a sharp edge.

RELH

>that's a rock....but you need to
>put it back where you
>found it
>
>
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Picked it outta my pasture 10yrs ago, couldn't tell ya exactly where. I'll just hold onto it so it's safe.

#livelikezac

Homer (My Dear) Watch your comments about "ROCK"...

DW, If you feel it is (as Indians or any Mountain Man/Woman would also feel such as a tool) Then it "IS".

Nature always leads us to the obvious. Just like showing a neophyte how and where to skin or cut meats... Nature has its LINES everywhere.

Jagerdad :)

>Looks like a Great White shark
>tooth to me. Where did
>you find it?

Musta been an old gummer shark.

#livelikezac

Wetmule I had to laugh at your comment that it looks like one of my first attempt at making a knife.
Two years ago I attended the Eugene Oregon knife show. At the table next to me was a man and wife team and he made obsidian knives that he knapped himself. The knives were a work of art that my wife fell in love with. She bought one from him and told me that I needed to learn how to make them. He was such a good knapper, it was amazing how sharp of a edge he was able to get on the knives.

RELH

Got yourself a genuine Celt Big John....it was to beat your wife into submission back in the old days....

Celt ? Not sure how the crazy laws work on these things. But it didn't come from Utah. My uncles farm has a spring on it and when they would plow . It would turn things like this up. The marks on it are probably from the plow.

I used to live on an old cattle ranch that was a Indian camp at one time.
After every big rain storm the erosion would turn up new finds.
Over the years I put together a pretty decent collection.

bqOiHsQ.jpg

I've found several good artifacts on my current property, but nothing that compares to the California Grizzly bear skull that my late brother in law found when excavating the foundation of my house.
It is among the biggest ever found.

XdnzjJc.jpg

HunterHarry those are some pretty cool mortar and pestels,found one along the Verde River in Az.but left it alone.Some states don't allow such.It was very large/5lbs..
Sorry hunting pigs not rocks.20yrs ago doubt if its still there.

I don't know if all states are the same, but I did some research on the subject while working for a company in Utah that has a large collection of petroglyphs on its property. In Utah, all artifacts located on private land, except human remains, belong to the landowner. Artifacts located on public land belong to the government and can't be legally collected without a proper permit.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom