ITS TIME!!!

Look at the permit numbers closely before you decide to apply for any of the 90-10 species.

This change will zero out a number of untis for NR tags. Dont want to waste your $ on fees and credit card processing when you never stood a chance to get the tag you applied for.

Think they will change the 75% to highest point holders? If not, there will be very few if any random tags.

Did you have a successful hunt?
Yes I did.

My wife and myself spent 6 of 7 weekend in unit duringmy hunt, 16-days and nights total camping out and hunting moose. 29 moose total seen/8 bulls total. Lots of neat country seen on many ATV/ATV rides. Really enjoyed the hunt and was not in a hurry (I'm retired) met several locals that I became friends with that I will keep in touch with. Was able to help one father and daughter bag her first buck, which was a memory my wife and myself will always remember about my moose hunt.

Seen my bull one night with less then 10-minutes of light left and really didn't want to deal with an animal that size in a willow patch all night with head lights.. So we put him to bed and was back on him at first light next day which paid off, since he was closer to our side of the willow River bottom then where he had came off the mountainside the night before. He was at 161 yards. One shot and the work started for my wife and myself. Had help lined up with son's and a local DIY, but at 161 yards and a couple hours to field dress him where he fell and five short pack out trips for myself it was in the side by side. Some work, but what a feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction. That just added to all the memories made for a lifetime on this hunt..

DIY Moose hunt on public land. 38 inches wide and the best bull I had seen. Lots of photos of moose, camp and outdoors. Great time and memories made on this hunt with a couple new friends made along the way.

20221001_162126.jpg

20221009_113848.jpg

20221022_081426.jpg

20221022_081435.jpg

20221022_081438.jpg

20221022_143515.jpg

20221022_105323.jpg

Yes I did.

My wife and myself spent 6 of 7 weekend in unit duringmy hunt, 16-days and nights total camping out and hunting moose. 29 moose total seen/8 bulls total. Lots of neat country seen on many ATV/ATV rides. Really enjoyed the hunt and was not in a hurry (I'm retired) met several locals that I became friends with that I will keep in touch with. Was able to help one father and daughter bag her first buck, which was a memory my wife and myself will always remember about my moose hunt.

Seen my bull one night with less then 10-minutes of light left and really didn't want to deal with an animal that size in a willow patch all night with head lights.. So we put him to bed and was back on him at first light next day which paid off, since he was closer to our side of the willow River bottom then where he had came off the mountainside the night before. He was at 161 yards. One shot and the work started for my wife and myself. Had help lined up with son's and a local DIY, but at 161 yards and a couple hours to field dress him where he fell and five short pack out trips for myself it was in the side by side. Some work, but what a feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction. That just added to all the memories made for a lifetime on this hunt..

DIY Moose hunt on public land. 38 inches wide and the best bull I had seen. Lots of photos of moose, camp and outdoors. Great time and memories made on this hunt with a couple new friends made along the way.

View attachment 98600

View attachment 98601

View attachment 98604

View attachment 98605

View attachment 98606

View attachment 98607

View attachment 98608
That looks like a great time! Thanks for sharing!

So for NR elk, it looks like the general tag by region hasn't been adopted for 2023? General elk tags will remain statewide for any open general unit next year?

I drew my WY moose and sheep already and I'm good enough with numbers it didn't take long to see I wasn't putting in anymore.

Anyone who's not at the very top of the point game for sheep and moose should really consider the math on it. you've just had the goal post moved to the 600 yard line and they're just screwing with you.

If they do the 90/10 on deer/elk pronghorn I'd draw out and quit them too.

Haven’t got the math skills nor the ambition to try to figure it out. Tog, how many moose points does a NR need to stay in the hunt? At age 75 it’s almost a loosing investment regardless, in my case.

Haven’t got the math skills nor the ambition to try to figure it out. Tog, how many moose points does a NR need to stay in the hunt? At age 75 it’s almost a loosing investment regardless, in my case.
75? You might not make it to 2023…

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom