Jake, how did it go?

NVMDF

Well, what happened, Let me know. I had a good weekend,
Sat. I wacked 2 dogs and Sun. 3, and I only made 3 stands.

NVMDF

I was just going to post the same question!!! Sounds like you had a good weekend....Im hoping to get out this weekend.......

It went okay, we tried calling some in but maybe something was wrong with our teqnique or something I don't know cause none came in but as we were leaving I saw one on a hill that was of the dirt road about 500 yards so I jumped out of my truck and drilled him, so it went okay, I got home and on Sunday I was outside practicing my calls trying to figure out if I was doing something wrong but I was able to get 4 or 5 red foxes to come within 15 yards, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong, any suggestions on calling them in? I'm going to go try again next weekend I'm going to go to the gun show this weekend and see if I can get me a knew gun for hunting the yotes with.

Jake

It doesn't sound like you need to call them in when you can cap them yotes at 500+ yds. Way to go!!

Wilecoyote76

I live at the base of lone peak and we see fox everywere we just can't shoot em. We always see aton of them while we are pheasant hunting up in cach valley but its all private property were we see them. but every once and a while one will be close enough for us to get with the old shot gun.

Jake,
COngrats man!! Sounds like you had a fun weekend......hopefully I'll get out this weekend or next.....my trigger finger is getting itchy, and in my line of work thats not a good thing!! :) So when you gonna take me out and share in the good times!!!

Uttrapper,
THere are a TON of red foxes here in West Jordan....i see a couple a day out by my house and I always see them running around on Airport road.....saw the biggest red Ive ever seen the other day on airport road...he was HUGE...he ran out in my lane of travel and ran straight down the roadway for about 50 yards....then darted back into the fields....

Would it be legal for you guys to stick these foxes in city limits with a bow?

Rut

LAST EDITED ON Nov-19-03 AT 12:35PM (MST)[p]Hey Tuff, It was pretty fun we sat there and called and called and called but to no avail so we would move then start over, we could hear them barken and howling but they just wouldn't come in we saw a couple dead antelope that had been torn up by yotes it looked like(tracks around it),so it eventually turned into some bunny blasten which will hopefully bring more dogs in, but we got lucky enough to see that one as we were leaving unfortunatly I hit him with my 270 it tore him up pretty good.(which is why I'm going to get a smaller gun this weekend hopefully) We'll have to go out one of these weekends. I just wanna find a place that is sprawling with dogs waiting to feel the wrath of my trigger finger! Oh ya does anyone know if there are any laws on shooting coyotes at night in Utah ie spotlighting them and shooting. cause i got some night vision things so we thought we could call them in and once they got close enough light em up with the spot light and light em up with bullets.

Jake

We defintely need to go!! Im not sure about the spotlighting though!! I'd love to know though....would be a good time if we could!! I think it'd be fun to get together with some of the people here on MM and do some hunting. Heck, I talk with you people more than I do with my regualr hunting buddies!

I was hoping to get out this weekend, but my wife volunteered me to go to St. George and help her sister move back to SLC!!! Yeah, fun!!

I think I read in the proclomation that it is okay to spotlight em and shoot em but I'll recheck it, I had some buddies in Texas that would do that and they loved it, I feel for ya about the moving thing, man I hate when my wife does stuff like that, I'll have plans made then she'll be like oh I told my mom you would help my step dad do this or I told your sister we would watch her kid this Saturday and I have a nail and hair appointment so you'll need to watch her for those 2 hours then I'm meating my mom for lunch so I'll probably be going shopping and spending your hard earned money so just plan on watching her all day is that Okay? And I think I could speak for 90% of all men out there and say I don't have the balls to say anything but "yes dear, that's fine I didn't have any plans anyway" meanwhile inside I'm shouting out all sorts of things. hopefully nothing like that will happen to me this weekend cause I wanna go to the gun show and try to get a cheap used or new gun for shooten the dogs with, but luckily the wife knows my plans but she keeps saying you don't need another gun, but only if she could understand. That is a good idea to get a bunch of MM people together for a good hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom