July 4th Kaibab Trip!

Blackknight

Don't know what most of you guys are doing this 4th but my yearly plan to haul water and look around for bucks is coming quick. Friends of mine have been going up and have been seeing some great bucks in Velvet. Looks like it might be another great year! Curious to know how many of you put in for the archery Kaibab hunt for 1st or 2nd choice?

Kiabab Hunters,

Kiabab, is not my first love, but 13B is. Having said that,
one of the most knowledgeable hunters and all around deer nuts, says and I fully agree with him, that the Kiabab is slowly changing back to it's former glory. Due to a change in leadership at the AZG&FD, and smart and full of common sence commission.

This coupled with a 10 year , never yeilding fight by the ADA, along with a good, HONEST, and fair approach to deer management, the deer herd on the Famous Kiabab, is soon BACK!!!

13B, 13A, will , in the next 5 years, be just an additional
area where Huge Mule Deer Bucks can grow and mature into their potential. Kiabab will return to it's famous former self, as
"T H E" place to hunt and enjoy the glory of these very special monarchs of the mule deer world.

Steve Cheuvront

Good luck to all you Kiabab fans.

Steve Cheuvront

Won't be there over the fourth.....but maybe the next weekend......got to check on some old haunts.

BOHNTR )))---------->

I hope you are right Steve. I had the priviledge to hunt the Kaibab during the 70's and early 80's. It is criminal what the Kaibab has been turned into as in my opinion the Kaibab has even better Genetics than the Strip.

Tag;

You are right, the strip deer , came from the Kiabab Plateau.

I hunted it the first time in 1964, and again in 1965. Back then we went to " Yellow Front " and just bought our tag, I believe it came with a metal tape tag. It was very cheap, and I think, can't remember, we could hunt the Kiabab every year. All you had to do was have a hunting license, purchase a tag at your local Sporting Goods Store and I think we bought a special tag or permit for hunting the Kiabab Plateau.

Well, all the people in the know, up there, say if the AZG&FD doesn't screw it up, kiabab is nearly back.

Lets all keep our collective fingers crossed.

See ya all in the hills.

Steve Cheuvront

My wife and I used to escape the Vegas heat every year by camping on the Kaibab for the 4th of July. However, I now live in the East, thanks to the economic meltdown. I will miss the Kaibab this 4th.

He is an update for you all! LOTS OF FEED EVERYWHERE!!! If you had a problem with the cattle last year, this year they are near murrays lake off the 212 rd. Anyways, "Great Bucks on the Eastside"! Didn't scout a whole lot just did my deed and hit an area that I was referred to check out. Boy did it check out!!! Good luck to all who draws this year! It is actually turning around up there for sure!

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom