Just a reminder..tread carfully this year!

This snake struck at the camera 3 or 4 times while I was trying to take his picture. The picture was taken from about 3 feet or so I believe. I don't mind the little fellers really. I've caught 7 or 8 of them in my life using nothing but my foot and my bare hands. I do have to admit that even though I am not at all afraid of them I don't like the idea of having them around my wife/kids or my dog so if I find them close to the house I usually make it so they can't bite stuff anymore... :)

rattlesnakesntqnpole8-25-050010.jpg

NvrEnuf

Fascinating photos! Back in the early 70s I remember reading an article in the newspaper about a man who went fishing for the day. He was fishing the shoreline of lake Don Pedro in central CA. At that time Don Pedro was still new and as it was filling up, all kinds of critters kept moving up in elevation to avoid the rising water. There were warnings of concentrations of snakes around the high water mark.

The fisherman failed to come home that evening and his wife notified the authorities. The next morning they found him dead lying face down in the water. Later, an autopsy showed he had 32 rattlesnake bites.

Something to think about, alright!

Eel

Here's another one. I ran into this one in November. I don't know what he was doing out so late. I went back to my horse to get something out of my saddle bag when I heard him buzzing. I looked down and he was right by my foot. It was so cold I just reached down and picked him up. I posed him and took a few pictures then sent him down a hole.
Wes
100_0795.jpg

"I like those light phased ones Nvr. What state?"

Thanks Colville. This snake was in central Utah.

NvrEnuf

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom