Kaibab Archery Hunt

Blackknight

How many of you out there have been thinking of the hunt in the Kaibab? I think about it all the time. I'm a little obsessed with that country. Do any of you have any helpful hints in hunting that high country for treestands? I know I seen a lot of hunters from california hunt near the 200 roads and have pulled some whoppers and they all do it from stands. They also say there stand is not near water but a transitional area??? Any help from you Vets is much appreciated.

I havent hunted the kiabab for a couple of years but I wouldent recommend setting a tree stand off water for a couple of reasons. First there are so many people driving around that there is always someone driving by your tree stand and the deer just dont seem to come in. We did find a couple of water holes off the road that dident get any traffic and we dident have any luck on the water holes but did have luck within a hundred yards off the water. all I can figure is that they lurck around and wait tell its good and dark to actually come in. second if you dont get there early someone will already have a stand up and sometimes if you have a stand up the set one on the the same water hole as you. anyway I hope that helps you a little bit good luck

I understand! I havent set up near water neither but I havent had enough experience out there to properly place a stand where deer tend to feed. Thanks for you feedback.

I bowhunted the Bab' for over 20 years and arrowed some great bucks there, including one over 200" P&Y. All were taken on the ground using a spot-n-stalk approach. It's NOTHING like it used to be in the late 70's-early 80's. Just remember, there are nice bucks that never migrate back up on the plateau. Not many hunters there either! :)

BOHNTR )))---------->

You are sure on to something. I agree what I have seen during the junior rifle hunt. have I seen your face before on the southern az deer hunt? If so I would sure love to pick at your brain some more on this here topic. I appreciate you time and info.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom