Kaibab Deer Hunters

IdahoBugler

It's finally here!!! ;) After 12 years of applying I will finally get to spend some time hunting the Kaibab. I'll be leaving Idaho today and will arrive sometime tomorrow. Then I'll be wondering the hills aimlessly hoping to run into one of the few monster bucks that call this awesome place home.

Good luck to all you Kaibab hunters this coming weekend. I hope you get a chance at a once in a lifetime trophy.

IB

LAST EDITED ON Nov-17-10 AT 08:14AM (MST)[p]Maybe we'll meet up somewhere along the road.

If you should get near the intersection of FS 422 and 429, stop by Duwane Adams' camp. There will be about 25 of us in various tents and RVs. So it will be hard to miss.

Good Luck!!!

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Good luck to both of you.I will have 12 Non-Res points next year so hopefully my time will come soon.

We're outta here in 15 mins. to head to the N. Kaibab on our mule deer hunt. We're prepared to stay the 10-day duration, and won't have internet access during that time.

Good luck to everyone else out there hunting.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Good luck to all you guys and Tony I hope the powers to be smile upon you with that once in a lifetime typical or nontypical deer! In any case have a great time!

The hunt was a big bust for me. I never left camp after my sinuses plugged up solid the first day we arrived and a bout of bronchitis set in. At that altitude, I couldn't walk 10 steps without gasping for air. So I spent five days in the RV.

I probably could have gone out road hunting like many others seem to be doing after it snowed 9 inches, but that's not my style.

My son hunted hard, passed on several small bucks and missed chances at a couple of good bucks. He didn't hang on tag on one, though.

Since he had to get back to work for TG day and with a pending snow storm in the forecast, we left early.

At that point, three of nine hunters in Duwane's camp, including Allen Taylor, had tagged out. The full report will likely be posted soon.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Doug,

Well, I can say without hesitation that it was the most least enjoyable hunt I've ever been on. :-(

Fortunately, renting the RV was a blessing of sorts. I spent every hour of every day in it, drinking coffee, napping and reading. So although it was somewhat nippy outside, I managed to stay warm thru the ordeal.

And I think I've finally come to realize that the days of my high-altitude hunts are sadly over.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Idaho Bugler, I hear you got a good one there, but I haven't seen any pictures. Come on, throw us a bone!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-23-10 AT 10:15AM (MST)[p]Sorry guys I've been swamped with stuff so I'm finally getting around to posting some pics here on MM. He's not the 200" I was hoping for but with one day left I couldn't complain. He scores just under 190" even with the short G2's. I have more pics and the story posted on another site. You will just have to know where to look. ;)

P1170069.jpg

P1170090.jpg

P1170078.jpg

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom