Kaibab

B

Bura Nut

Couldnt wait, I left on wed before the friday opener, got camp all set up and went out scouting that evening with Duwane and Luke. We saw two bigger bucks. Thursday we glassed high and low in the unit and found 2 other shooter bucks. Looked like opening morning would be a slam dunk.......LOL..... well friday a.m. rolls around and there were 40 plus mph winds with snow mixed in. We saw alot of small bucks and does stuck down in the bottoms, staying out of the wind. We did see 1 big 3x3 but no shooters. Saturday found us with 8" of snow, we glassed and hiked alot, but no shooters. Sunday we went to a different area, hiked in a ways and got set up before light. There was alot of wind/snow coming down. Luke glassed up some does in the cedars then found a buck bedded under a cedar. I got set up to shoot, but the wind/snow were really coming in so we waited about 1/2hr for things to calm down. Once the wind slowed down a bit, I set back up, Luke ranged him at 410yards. I shot once, missed lined back up on the Still bedded buck and shot again. Hit him this time, he was standing about 5 yards from his original spot, and I sent another round into him. He was hit good, he was stumbling and went down. Duwane and I left Luke on the 15's to watch and we headed on over. Once I got to buck, I was impressed with how much mass he had and how big his body was. What a great hunt with some great friends.........I have tried to post pics but it says they are too big so I will email to Chef/Killowat and have them post for me..........Allen..........

I'm having troubles too Allen with the re-sizing. (!?)
I'll get on them from another computer tomorrow that I have better luck with.

4678aec03a21ae00.jpg

Thanks Tony, hope you are feeling better.
I'm feeling a little under the weather too now but I just may be allergic to work! LOL

Here are the rest...

5033kaibab2010_006.jpg

5378kaibab2010_009.jpg

366kaibab2010_032.jpg

1497kaibab2010_029.jpg

5880kaibab2010_043.jpg

4678aec03a21ae00.jpg

Chef , Allen:

Great bucks !!!!!

I arrived at camp just after everyone left.

I was staying in Fredonia.

I left Fredonia and the temp was 21 degrees , but when I arrived at your camp , it was - 15 degrees.

That's COLD!

That hunt is way too cold for me.

Again , congrats on some great bucks.

Sorry I missed you all.

Steve

>Thanks Tony, hope you are feeling
>better.

Hector,

Yup. I was somewhat better as soon as I got off the mountain to the low-country, but my sinuses are still plugged up. In fact, I have Dr. appointment at 11:30 today.

I really wanted to get into some hunting and socializing with everyone, but it just wasn't to be on this trip.

And thanks for asking.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

You guys did awesome. Congrats on a couple of stud bucks. I sure wish I could have met some of you while I was down there. I was able to finally meet up with chef. Talk about a great guy. Thanks for spending the time to come over to the camp bud.

IB

Nice looking Bucks, The weather sure did change in a hurry on ya. But I like the snow better.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Great bucks!! Chef you killed a great buck, you needed Mark Wilson, to come get him taken care of!! like he did my elk last year. Save some of the tanks for the other lesser hunters like myself.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom