Kern County, Ca. Commercial Guide

D

dbrehm

Anyone know of a Landowner/Guide that operates at the southern end of the Sierra Nevada's around the Tehachapi Area?

LAST EDITED ON Oct-21-12 AT 08:24PM (MST)[p]for what????.....other than TEJON?????

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Tejon Ranch is very legitimate....profesional....and corporate.

They have had a huge reorganization lately following a very nasty lawsuit .....but they are not what I'd ever consider flaky or dishonest.

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I have a cabin above kelso valley. Pm me if you want, but I'm very curious about this guide. The rudnick property has been sold to a conservation group(windmills)...and the crooked guide with the initials J.S. should not be guiding there anymore.
Aaron

I'd stay away from Kern County period. Lot's of wierdos there. Last time I was there some plick shot at me.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

1911 be glad JB only fired a warning shot at you. If he had been serious, after the shot he would have used one of my knives to take your scalp for a trophy.

RELH

Oh it weren't no warning shot. And that is why I keep my hair short. Reduces the tangible value of my scalp.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

The Area does have its weirdos. A state trooper was shot at in Lake Isabella this summer and the perps took off and got lost in the Kelso Valley area.

The mere mention that it is "Kern County" should be enough information. No need to elaborate on the fact that there are weirdos there.

Most resident's family trees' can be drawn on a telephone pole and the gene pool won't get a bullfrog's back wet!

It is a law there that all Scrabble games be limited to words with 5 letters or less. Same with teeth...... you can only have 5 or less.

You cannot graduate from High School there unless you have been a principle player in a bar shootout.

Astroturf was invented in Kern County. They had to come up with a way to stop the High School cheerleaders from grazing off the football fields.

I am convinced that JB is, by far, the most intelligent resident they got.

I confess to living in an adjoining county and the mindless banter is a 100 year old tradition......but it's not just me. I was in a bar in Billings, Montana 20 years ago, and 2 guys were discussing an elk hunt ....... the shooter stated that his bull went down "like a Bakersfield High School prom date!"

>The Area does have its weirdos.
>A state trooper was shot
>at in Lake Isabella this
>summer and the perps took
>off and got lost in
>the Kelso Valley area.

Saw that. Also saw another one was shot in Bakersfield.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Good old Kern county. That area has long had a reputation for good old bar brawls back in the 60's. Back then one of the requirements for being a motorcycle cop on the Bakersfield P.D. was that you had to be over 6 foot tall. Reason was the motorcyle cops were the first to arrive on scene and had to be big enough and tough enough to hold their own and adminster curb side justice until help arrived.
True story as Ransom says.

RELH

All said and done, been here only 6 months. Minus the debit card rip-offs and eccentric landowners, I like the area.
Wish I did have time to hunt but working 70-80 hours a week. Going to have to wait till late season muzzeloader back home.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom