Kids 1st muzzleloader buck

nvguy2

LAST EDITED ON Sep-22-12 AT 04:26PM (MST)[p]Here are a couple pics of my son's 1st muzzleloader buck. He won a .22 from the watering hole big buck contest with the smallest youth buck last year. He was planning on shooting anything with antlers again this year, but I knew we could do better. I didn't want him to shoot a small one, but he shot at one last night and missed. I figured it was his tag and didn't want to harp on him about having to get a big one. He is glad he missed as he ended up shooting this buck this morning. 100 yard shot right on the money and nothin but smiles after that, oh and work too. He busted a point off his left side when he piled up in a bush. Found 2 pieces of it, all but the very tip. He ran about 50 yds. My kid learned a good lesson as we didn't know if he had a hit or not, but went and looked anyway. I was about to give up, but found tracks and finally a big spot of blood. Once I found that, it was an easy track to where he piled.

3899joanns_40th-zachs_2nd_deer_005.jpg

2251joanns_40th-zachs_2nd_deer_003.jpg

Great first muzzy buck!!!! I remember him winning that .22 last year. Congrats and hope to see ya'll at this years contest. fatrooster.

Sure thing fatrooster. Bought him and me a ticket thursday night before we headed out. He almost acted like he didn't want a ticket this year. He was planning on shooting anything and I don't know if he wasn't confident or what. He made a comment about going for the smallest youth one again and I said " I don't think so." We had been on some good ones last year and I knew we were capable of getting him a decent buck. I wanted to try to get him one before the psycho rifle hunt started. We will bring his antlers to this years contest. You guys really do some great things for the kids. Thanks again for all your efforts.

Very cool! Great job teaching your boy some ethics about looking for blood regardless of shot.

Congrats on your sons buck! Thats awesome. That doesn't look like the same area I was in. You wanna pm me where you were? Again, congrats to your son. Good thing you checked for blood too. We always do no matter what as well. I'll bet your son was stoked when you found blood. :)

Steve
Holder of a 2012 LE Utah Deer Tag!!

So cool to see a youngster with his/her first deer. Even funner when they get their first bite of their first kill, he truly earned it.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom