King of the Mountain wool...

hotdiggity

Does anyone have any experience with King of the Mountain and any of their products? I just got some omnilite pants that were closeouts and was wondering how other's stuff has held up.

Woo ha.

I have been wearing their gear for years and love it. It has held up good for me and I have been very happy with their customer service.
MIKE

I agree with DEERSLAM, I wore a pair of their pants for 10 years probbaly 60 to 75 days a year and while they looked worn at the end they did their job and I really liked them. I will be replacing them soon. I sent mine back acouple of times to have rips & tears fixed and KOM did an excellent job both times, free of charge, except for shipping to KOM. I think Filson makes a better vest, but like the KOM wool in pants & shirts/jackets.

I got Filson and will be wearing the coat and under jacket for the first time this season. I've got surplus pants. We'll see how it all works out. fatrooster.

I have Filson and KOM. Both work very good. I also tried Sleeping Indian. It works very well also. The only draw back I see is that they are really for some cold weather. I have the lite pants and shirt, too and they are just too warm for me during the early season. When there is lots of snow and very cold they excel. KOM & Sleeping Indian are somewhat similar as the owners of each actually formed KOM. They split up several years ago. Call Sleeping Indian and the owner will answer. He can give you the pro's and con's of these three. Any of these brands will serve you a long time.

Thanks for the information so far. I am trying to get a nice set of gear together before I move to Alaska and in my opinion wool is the way to go. It would be nice to have money though so I could buy it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom