Labor Day and hunting

fishfurlife

Hey guys, I was curios to know what to expect out of labor day weekend in the way of campers/atv/fun seekers. In the forest, specifically unit 34. I have never hunted that early in the season so I have never had to worry about it.
I have seen what the place looks like during other summertime holidays and can only imagine trying to hunt at the same time, mainly navigate the roads.

I am not to worried about it in general, but wouldn't mind hearing anything that you guys might have to say about it.

It will be packed but if you get in deep away from developed campgrounds or popular areas you should be fine. Also depends on where you are headed and for what game animal.

IF your camping you may want to get there real early to get a decent camp spot, but, that would be my only concern.

Should not affect much.

>IF your camping you may want
>to get there real early
>to get a decent camp
>spot, but, that would be
>my only concern.
>
>Should not affect much.

+1 I will be right there with ya. i drew that hunt. best bet is to get there a week before and set camp so you will have a spot. then just hunt. fat chance of finding one while riding a 4 wheeler with all the holiday riders so best be is gettin some rubber worn off of your boots. good luck. kill a big one...just not bigger than mine! LOL!!!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom