Lake Lowell Hunt

kicker

Anybody else draw an extra doe tag for this area? I have lived in Boise for 40 years but haven't spent a lot of time around that area except a little quail/pheasant hunting. I have the last hunt in December. Really excited to get my ten year old son up in a stand with me over his Christmas break and let him experience that! Just curious if someone with knowledge of the area would tell me if I should focus on the southeast end that is usually closed or if there is a better area.

Thanks,
Kicker

you can actually hunt the closed refuge on the SE end on this hunt? didn't know that, anyway, concentrate on food this time of year, it will be fairly easy too find where they are feeding, they come out before dark, just drive around the lake a couple days before your hunt, find which field they are feeding in and set up accordingly,
Matt

Wack'em and Stack'em

Ok. Yeah I did a job out that way last winter and couldn't believe the amount of dead deer that had been hit by cars. Glad they are letting a few hunters enjoy the meat instead of it being road kill.

Thanks for the input.

Kicker

I did that last year. Things I learned - sitting in tree stands is cold, and waterfowl hunters at lake lowell don't wait for legal light. I will send a PM.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom