las vegas bowl... Bsu vs Utah

LAST EDITED ON Dec-20-10 AT 07:37PM (MST)[p]BSU wins by 32 points. Pettis and Young dropped passes in the Nevada loss. Those drops were game changers. That won't happen again. GO BSU, send those Utes cryin to the PAC 10,12,16, whatever it is.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-20-10 AT 09:49PM (MST)[p]Boise State by 17....90% chance of rain on game day. Great football weather.

BSU by 25.......an ugly spankin' for a farewell game!

Utes go to the Pac and have 4-7/5-6 type seasons for years!

Robb

>LAST EDITED ON Dec-20-10
>AT 09:49?PM (MST)

>
>Boise State by 17....90% chance of
>rain on game day. Great
>football weather.

Rain wold definitely help Utah's case, their run D is superb, but their pass D is not good at all.

Boise wins despite bad weather though.

2a0fcsk.gif

BSU started slow, looked like they were trying to give it away. Look more like themselves in the 2nd quarter.

Bsu is starting to play tough . I like the touchdown before half. Ducks all the way... Hopefully..

Totally not impressed with Boise St. If Utah would have made 2 easy field goals and caught a couple of passes that they dropped, a crappy Utah team would have been in that game. THIS year, both teams were over ranked. Utah lost the game more than Boise State won it.

I disagree, boise state played a terrible first half and still beat them with ease. If we didn't have all the turnovers and bad calls we would of beat utah by 40+. I do however agree that Utah is overrated.

Would love to read your excuses about how da utes didn't really lose to TCU-------Notre Dame......

BSU gave the Utes a break by not scoring even more points----

Have fun in PAC Utes.....4-7/5-6 years to follow.

Robb

Typical BSU fan. Beat a bad Utah team, get 3 penalties called against you in the entire game, and complain about the reffing. A true top 10 team should beat Utah like TCU did.

Utah is in deep poop going to the pac 12 next year!!! They will be lucky to finish at 500. Boise is easily one of the top 3 teams in the country. I will take them against anyone. Kellen Moore is the second best quarterback in the country right behind Luck of Stanford. Boise should be rated no lower then 3rd at the beginning of next season. If Kellen Moore has a season next year like this year he should win the Heisman.

Wait didn't Cam win the trophy as the Best QB/Player in the Nation. Moore is good but their are a few better ones.
I agree he can win it all next year if he has a great year.

One FG from the Rose Bowl that hurt.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

>Totally not impressed with Boise St.
> If Utah would have
>made 2 easy field goals
>and caught a couple of
>passes that they dropped, a
>crappy Utah team would have
>been in that game.
>THIS year, both teams were
>over ranked. Utah lost
>the game more than Boise
>State won it.

There are a lot of woulda, coulda, and shoulda oppurtunities that BSU did not capitalize on that would have made that score a lot higher!

Troutsniffer sounds like the typical Ute also. I bet you weren't complaining when the Utes were ranked in the top 10 were you? Boise State has proven that they can beat anyone. They're a field goal (or 2) away from being #3 or possibly higher so I still feel like they are in the top 3 or so for sure. Utah missed 2 field goals and some dropped passes, but don't forget that the last 10 minutes of the game, Boise stopped really pushing hard. The Utes looked aweful. Penalty, after penalty, and dropped passes everywhere. Looked like they hadn't practiced in months. No leadership, no heart. Good luck in the pac 12
Oh, and I'm not a Boise State fan BTW

Teams that are better than Boise St...

Auburn
Oregon
Alabama
TCU
LSU
Ohio St
Stanford
Wisconsin
Oklahoma
Arkansas

Not even a top 10 team...there's a reason they didn't play ANY of those teams this year :)

~Z~

>Teams that are better than Boise
>St...
>
>Auburn
>Oregon
>Alabama
>TCU
>LSU
>Ohio St
>Stanford
>Wisconsin
>Oklahoma
>Arkansas
>
>Not even a top 10 team...there's
>a reason they didn't play
>ANY of those teams this
>year :)
>
>~Z~

And the reason is this.....Those teams won't schedule Boise during the regular season for fear of a loss. Boise would happily play any of those teams.
2a0fcsk.gif

Tony I'm sure they would be happy to play any of them too, who wouldn't want to have a try against the best?? Having the want to or willingness to play a better team doesn't make a team as good though...

~Z~

We all really know that Boise was just to upset they were not in the rose bowl and playing in a big game they did not show up and even at that they just whooped them . played lousy the first quarter then in the 4th basically just played conservatively.

Same excuse as Alabama/Utah hahaha

The coach of Boise is such a class act . He could have run the score up but just beat them very soundly . Nothing was on the line . Even when Boise's offense played horrible the D played great . Boise defense owned Utah the entire game and the Offense owned 3 quarters . they beat them as soundly as TCU or Notre Dame did .

Hey Never_catch
Has their win over TCU last year already been discredited? What about their Oregon win? I agree they didn't play anyone really, but that's not their fault. When they do, they come away with wins.

Any time someone has answered the phone or set up a game Boise has come away with a win . There is a reason the "BS"schools will not play them . If they were not worried and knew as well as all you professionals they would play Boise and up their chances at a National championship instead they stay wide right of these spoilers .They know that if they played Boise and came out with Boise loosing to even a couple BS schools the talk would stop and be a mute point but when these non BCS schools loose win against the BS schools the talk is as it is and has been proven over and over the last few years and that is the BS schools do not have much if anything ove the top non BCS schools.

So they should be ranked in the top 3 because they beat Oklahoma a few years ago? Beating the 2009 ducks is nothing like playing them this year. I'm not a Oregon fan, but they have killed everyone except Cal. If you have a weak schedule, you must win all your games to be considered at the top. Boise might be able to beat the top teams, but they also lost to Nevada. I'm not a BSU hater. The years they have not lost I wanted them to get a shot at the title. But not this year when they lost a game. It does suck that BCS schools will not put them on their schedule.

I have said it before they lost a game they do not deserve to play for the title even though I believe they would beat any team they played.Nevada is a very good school NOT top 10 or 15 but they play Boise every year and have lost 6 or 7 in a row they always play boise hard you cannot beat a good school EVERY year shoot look at all the other conferences that shows it .

The real joke in the current system is that Connecticut with 4 losses in a weak conference gets a BCS game. The big east is a joke! Virginia Tech with 2 losses gets a BCS game. There are many teams that deserve a BCS game before those 2 teams. And yes, I know Boise beat VT.

I don't think anyone is arguing that they should be playing for the title this year. Even if they would have beat Nevada, they wouldn't be playing for the title because Auburn and Oregon remain undefeated. I won't even try and say that Boise is better than Oregon this year, because the only way we would know is if they would play. I just think it's really stupid to continue to question this team after they've done pretty much the same thing 3 years in a row. How many top 10's would they have to beat, and how many years would they need to be dominant before they get the credit they deserve?

>Typical BSU fan. Beat a
>bad Utah team, get 3
>penalties called against you in
>the entire game, and complain
>about the reffing. A
>true top 10 team should
>beat Utah like TCU did.
>

So TCU should have beat San Diego by more than 5 points? Was San Diego even close to being a top 25 team? The fact is that some in conference rivalries are closer than they should be on paper, due to the emotion of the game. Everybody has a down game, even Alabama and Oklahoma. But they have history on their side, and BSU is an up and comer. So nobody gives them the benifit of the doubt.

Bayside I like the heck outta you dude, but I don't think we'll ever see eye to eye on this one...Boise has a rediculously easy schedule each and every season so I'll probably never give them the credit you think they deserve. Sorry. Life's not fair sometimes :)

~Z~

Hey Smiley, while Nevada may not be a top 10 team, a top 15 ranking is not out of the question. Regardless, Nevada spanked Boise in the Second Half of the the Game, if not for two defensive mistakes Boise should have NEVER had a chance to win the game in regulation. Boise is a class act who is deserving one day to play for a National Championship. Boise giving up 250 yards rushing in the second half will not get you a National Championship bid. The Boise line just ran out of gas and Nevada wanted it more after losing ten straight to Boise. I believe that the BSU Starters were pulled out to many times to keep from running up the score in previous games, thus not in the best game shape. The Nevada win was bitter sweet since many Nevada fans (like me) did want to see Boise go all the way, and they could have. If BSU was to win the NV game they should have scored a TD in Overtime and not left the door open to get beat by a field goal. Nevada had quality wins against Cal and BYU but struggled against Fresno and Hawaii. I hope BSU gets it's fair shot soon, Kellen Moore and the Coach Peterson are top notch and good for collegate football.Go Pack

It will be years before Utah see's another bowl game!!! Pac 12 remember??? They are really going to struggle recruiting against the other Pac 12 schools. Boise would be very avaerage in the pac 12....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom