Last day for deer application problem (NR)

BGnight

Today is June 1st. The last day of deer/antelope draw. I'm trying to apply for a random draw and the option for nonresident deer is blanked out. However, antelope is still available and these have the same closing date. What's the deal? I haven't applied for anything in WY this year. I can't get through on the phone either.

Today is June 1st. The last day of deer/antelope draw. I'm trying to apply for a random draw and the option for nonresident deer is blanked out. However, antelope is still available and these have the same closing date. What's the deal? I haven't applied for anything in WY this year. I can't get through on the phone either.
Don't wait until the last day to apply...good luck getting through.

Why not apply on the last day? It's no different than the first day. Is WY the only state that lists it's last day for application periods as a day that you CAN'T apply? And why am I still allowed to apply for antelope and they have the exact same dates?? (I just applied for antelope no problem)

I assume you have logged out and back in to see if it will update/clear? if it is shaded out it thinks your in. Would someone else added you in a party?

You best have G&F speed dial on your phone and keep trying until you get through.

Lmao. It was something to do with cookies on my computer. The lady on the phone told me to use another device and deer wasn't grayed out....weird.

I waited until last day cuz I don't apply for WY until NV draw is finished (where I live) and I'm strapped for cash so wanted the $400 tied up for least amount of time possible.

WTH

Don't wait til the last day in case you have an issue and the phone lines are busy.

See you in H this fall.

In the real world, lots of work is done on deadline day.

Accountants do month ends every month, quarter ends, year ends.

Construction happens on last days.

A deadline is a deadline. Not a suggestion to complete things the day before.

Amazon can find a way to get you a widget from China to your house in 2days, yet G&F can't figure a way to allow for apps.

In fairness, ain't only a Wyoming issue.

Guarantee Utah site will crash July 13th. It will be "shocking" to DWR that people will try and buy elk tags.

In the real world, lots of work is done on deadline day.

Accountants do month ends every month, quarter ends, year ends.

Construction happens on last days.

A deadline is a deadline. Not a suggestion to complete things the day before.

Amazon can find a way to get you a widget from China to your house in 2days, yet G&F can't figure a way to allow for apps.

In fairness, ain't only a Wyoming issue.

Guarantee Utah site will crash July 13th. It will be "shocking" to DWR that people will try and buy elk tags.
Well, in this case it wasn't the GF at fault.

Do you expect the GF to fix problems that aren't theirs? Hire more people on the last application day so the procrastinators can get through?

Applications were accepted since January...its not the GF's job to worry about your applications on the last day.

Only in government can IT FAIL, but somehow it's your fault.

No worries though, no one will be fired, no one will be demoted. It's YOUR fault stupid???
Turns out it wasn't the "governments" fault...maybe if its not the governments fault their application should be denied.

It was stupids fault, that you got right.

Turns out it wasn't the "governments" fault...maybe if its not the governments fault their application should be denied.

It was stupids fault, that you got right.
Actually it was their fault. I had to call for 3 hours straight for a gov't employee to explain that it was some problem with cookies on their end that inexplicably allowed me to purchase antelope but not deer. She tried to imply I must have put a deer app in my cart at one time but I never even logged onto my account in a year until today. But I should have known that...

Buzz, why so negative about everything all the time? I love hunting in Wyoming and this negativity against non residents sure gets old. Just think- YOU were a non resident of Wyoming at one time. So what makes you so much better than everyone else?
Has nothing to do with R/NR...has to do with people thinking they're special. There's one clown on here saying that since another clown waited until the last day to apply, and had problems, that the GF should drop everything to help them. Stating further that the GF employees should be fired o reprimanded, etc. because a procrastinating hunter is in a self induced crisis. Its not the GF's problem that the user can't clear his cookies from his computer, or that they can't get through on the phone because a bunch of other people waited until the last minute to apply.

Certainly nobody with the GF should be reprimanded or fired over it.

I guess where we differ is personal responsibility. If I wait until the last minute to apply, and something isn't working, that's on me. I also don't wait until the last minute to apply just in case I can't get something figured out.

I apply in a lot of states, and have never once blamed the various GF/FG/DOW or whined about anything to do with applications or their process. If I don't like it, I just don't apply there...or I get my stuff together and go through the process.

It also gets old all the whining and complaining about WY and other states. If you don't like the way we do business here, or are smart enough to apply earlier...I wont apologize for having no sympathy.

Again, has nothing to do with R/NR...I feel the same way if a Resident waits until the last minute.

Actually it was their fault. I had to call for 3 hours straight for a gov't employee to explain that it was some problem with cookies on their end that inexplicably allowed me to purchase antelope but not deer. She tried to imply I must have put a deer app in my cart at one time but I never even logged onto my account in a year until today. But I should have known that...
On the last day of the application period...you're so special I guess they should know to take your call over others that were also dumb and waited until the last minute.

Get over yourself...

Lmao. It was something to do with cookies on my computer. The lady on the phone told me to use another device and deer wasn't grayed out....weird.
So, cookies on your computer was the GF's fault....good grief.

And your excuse about NV...the results were out 5/22...11 days before the WY deadline.

Just points for my family members this year. Already drew a couple great out of state deer and elk tags for family members and have two great week to 10-day family hunts here in Utah.

Family members or myself should draw a couple good hunts for the next few year with points also.

Were the cookies chocolate chip? Just kidding, I had the same issue, turns out if you start the process and don't finish it before it times out, then you need to completely shut down your browser or the system still sees your previous try, and the buttons are backlit, I had the problem on Fri, but they were having server issues, so I had to wait until this morning, I was their first caller and got it figured out, well actually the nice employee told me what to do, HA! Good luck to everyone in the drawings, except those that applied for hunts I applied for!!

On the last day of the application period...you're so special I guess they should know to take your call over others that were also dumb and waited until the last minute.

Get over yourself...
Why you so mad bro? I could spend a bunch of energy explaining why you're an asshat, but I won't. U just mad cuz I can hunt in your state but you'll never draw in mine (which is way better quality hunting)

This thread brings back the old memories when we mailed our application by mail. Glad those days are over. I still have a resentment against usps for loosing my elk application...

My wife and daughters managed to apply!
I’m thinking it’s coming up snake eyes (I think that means good) for them.
It’s going to be great.
Thanks Wyoming and Wyo Game and Fish for the opportunity!
Zeke

Why you so mad bro? I could spend a bunch of energy explaining why you're an asshat, but I won't. U just mad cuz I can hunt in your state but you'll never draw in mine (which is way better quality hunting)
Do you draw in your state?

Well, in this case it wasn't the GF at fault.

Do you expect the GF to fix problems that aren't theirs? Hire more people on the last application day so the procrastinators can get through?

Applications were accepted since January...its not the GF's job to worry about your applications on the last day.

Yes. Yes, I expect G&F to do there job. It's what they are paid to do. Yes, knowing last day is busy, I expect them to have more people in office. Ever notice the restaurant has more staff on Saturday night than Tuesday at 2pm? That's because it's busier. That's how CUSTOMER SERVICE works.

Somewhere along the line, we've just allowed ineptitude, laziness, or whatever become the norm with gov agencies. We aren't supposed to expect prompt reliable service. Instead, WE are supposed to just deal with it. But make sure the check cashes on time, always.

Yeah well, he just threw them all under the bus with his ineptitude, and laziness comments when he has no clue what was going on in the main office.
Guess you haven't been to a restaurant lately hoss because getting good workers is a real problem right now, no one has extra staff for any night.

System is not chitty in my book, don't trust it or like it-don't apply.

Speaking only for myself, I took umbrage at hossblur's gov't employee crack.

I take umbrage with government employees who somehow feel they aren't employees, paid to do a job EVEN on deadline days

The "it's your fault" we sucked attitude that is not uncommon in the public sector.

In all other industries in customer service, there are busy times/days. Generally that means vacation blackouts, pulling folks in from other areas, etc. That's how the real world works, and YES, it's how we expect the G&F departments we pay for to work as well. I'm betting everyone got PAID that day, so expecting them to provide the service paid for, is not out of line.

So yeah, it was a crack, aimed 100% at those in the public sector with that mindset.

Yeah well, he just threw them all under the bus with his ineptitude, and laziness comments when he has no clue what was going on in the main office.
Guess you haven't been to a restaurant lately hoss because getting good workers is a real problem right now, no one has extra staff for any night.

System is not chitty in my book, don't trust it or like it-don't apply.

Or do your d*+- job, you cashed the check.

So glad I'll be a Wyoming resident soon, and won't be hated anymore by Buzz and other Wyoming residents. ?

Still can't believe my wife really wants to move there. Guess I can thank the China virus for that. She wants to get away from the mask Nazis and the sheep who live in our state.

Or do your d*+- job, you cashed the check.
Who didn't do their job that day man ? He got his answer and got his app in.
Guess you're imply anyone that works for the state or feds is not a real job ?
Wyoming is a small population state and not hard to find anyone that has family or friends that work for say WG&F, UW or WYDOT. You start throwing shat around and yes we will defend our family and friends. Lots of good, hard working blue collar folks in those jobs.
Do your d*+- job and stop bashing folks you don't even know.

Yeah I hate NR, just ask all those folks who have reached out for info.
No issues here with NR in general just azzhats.
Hoss seems to never take off his sombrero, but I don't know him personally so maybe he is a good guy. Would like to meet him face to face some time and find out.

The guy who started this thread asked a simple question. I don't see what the big deal is. I don't know, maybe it's just me but lately every thread in the Wyoming forum seems to turn into a non resident bashing thread. Aren't all of here on the same side? Mostly I guess I'm thinking of Buzz. Disrespects and insults anyone who dares to ask a question. Guess his momma never taught him the rule of if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

The guy who started this thread asked a simple question. I don't see what the big deal is. I don't know, maybe it's just me but lately every thread in the Wyoming forum seems to turn into a non resident bashing thread. Aren't all of here on the same side? Mostly I guess I'm thinking of Buzz. Disrespects and insults anyone who dares to ask a question. Guess his momma never taught him the rule of if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

Need a safe space?!? ?

Need a safe space?!? ?
Wyoming is my safe space. I just love how everyone is so friendly. I'll be there next week. First Yellowstone for 3 days, then a couple days in Lander, 4 days in Cody. Then heading east to see Mt Rushmore, and then back home through Nebraska, Colorado, Utah, Idaho. All so my wife can decide where we're moving in two years.

Wyoming is my safe space. I just love how everyone is so friendly. I'll be there next week. First Yellowstone for 3 days, then a couple days in Lander, 4 days in Cody. Then heading east to see Mt Rushmore, and then back home through Nebraska, Colorado, Utah, Idaho. All so my wife can decide where we're moving in two years.
Just remind your wife that in the winter it will be -20 degrees and 40 mph winds and roads will close all the time due to blowing snow. This can happen as early as September and as late as may.

Here in lander we have a road sign dedicated to route conditions. The sign reads strong winds 40+ blowing snow slick 90% of the time between October to April.

And many times we are one of the mildest areas of the state.

Just remind your wife that in the winter it will be -20 degrees and 40 mph winds and roads will close all the time due to blowing snow. This can happen as early as September and as late as may.

Here in lander we have a road sign dedicated to route conditions. The sign reads strong winds 40+ blowing snow slick 90% of the time between October to April.

And many times we are one of the mildest areas of the state.
She knows. We may not, and probably won't be there forever. Likely just a few years, and then probably move to another state with a warmer climate. But who knows, it probably depends more on where our kids end up than anything else. But I'll be happy to be a Wyoming resident even if it's only 4 or 5 years.

I might move to WY just to follow Buzz around on all his hunts with an air horn.
Fwiw I'm a direct descendant of Bill Cody (gramma's maiden name is Cody and my Mom's entire family was born and raised there). He was a douche for the buffalo, but regarding heritage, I probably have more claim to WY than Buzz (unless he's Native A. or something)

Also hilarious to find out about the NR hatred by asking a simple question about a button on a website not working.

Who didn't do their job that day man ? He got his answer and got his app in.
Guess you're imply anyone that works for the state or feds is not a real job ?
Wyoming is a small population state and not hard to find anyone that has family or friends that work for say WG&F, UW or WYDOT. You start throwing shat around and yes we will defend our family and friends. Lots of good, hard working blue collar folks in those jobs.
Do your d*+- job and stop bashing folks you don't even know.

Yeah I hate NR, just ask all those folks who have reached out for info.
No issues here with NR in general just azzhats.
Hoss seems to never take off his sombrero, but I don't know him personally so maybe he is a good guy. Would like to meet him face to face some time and find out.

Did I say all? Feel free to read my quote again. I didn't say all. You read something not there. Your lack of reading comprehension ain't my issue.

The rest, I said, and stand by. The shot being aimed 100% at Buzz, and his usual smart azz comments.

If the state of Wyoming, Utah, or New Hampshire, can't handle their job, then they should be replaced. Be that last day, last hour, last minute.

Not one of you would accept paying your mechanic and having him then tell you "should have bought a different truck", you wouldn't pay your restaurant and then accept "should have gone to McDonald's". Not should the paying public accept "shouldn't wait til the last day".

As to whether or not some guy in Wyoming does or doesn't like me as an HR, I care less.

Not sure if the remainder was a veiled threat or not, but your free to PM me for my address if it was

Did I say all? Feel free to read my quote again. I didn't say all. You read something not there. Your lack of reading comprehension ain't my issue.

The rest, I said, and stand by. The shot being aimed 100% at Buzz, and his usual smart azz comments.

If the state of Wyoming, Utah, or New Hampshire, can't handle their job, then they should be replaced. Be that last day, last hour, last minute.

Not one of you would accept paying your mechanic and having him then tell you "should have bought a different truck", you wouldn't pay your restaurant and then accept "should have gone to McDonald's". Not should the paying public accept "shouldn't wait til the last day".

As to whether or not some guy in Wyoming does or doesn't like me as an HR, I care less.

Not sure if the remainder was a veiled threat or not, but your free to PM me for my address if it was
Wrong...the more fair comparison is some clown showing up on a day that they know the restaurant is going to be packed, without a reservation, then being pissed they didn't get the best table in the house and they had to wait in line for a seat.

Wrong...the more fair comparison is some clown showing up on a day that they know the restaurant is going to be packed, without a reservation, then being pissed they didn't get the best table in the house and they had to wait in line for a seat.

Show me in the proclamation it says how to make a reservation to have calls answered.

The best part is how all the non residents were on here a week ago complaining about the website not working when the results came out obviously because the server couldnt handle all the traffic or whatever and here we are a week later same problem and now its a suprise???

Show me in the proclamation it says how to make a reservation to have calls answered.
Show me where the NR in question didn't get the problem that was their fault fixed by the GF. The GF that has no obligation to help someone with self-induced problems with the applicants PC.

The GF doesn't deserve the ragging you're giving them...it wasn't an issue they needed to solve, it wasn't a problem on their end.

People like you are exactly why government employee's deserve to be paid more, with more/better benefits, better retirements, more paid holidays, etc.

Show me where the NR in question didn't get the problem that was their fault fixed by the GF. The GF that has no obligation to help someone with self-induced problems with the applicants PC.

The GF doesn't deserve the ragging you're giving them...it wasn't an issue they needed to solve, it wasn't a problem on their end.

People like you are exactly why government employee's deserve to be paid more, with more/better benefits, better retirements, more paid holidays, etc.

Where did the cookies come from on the g&f site?

People like YOU are why the public hates government employees. 99.9% are good people, doing a good job.

Then they come across folks like yourself who have decided that they know better than everyone, are smarter than everyone, are better than everyone.

Your a blowhard, who is protected by a public service union, who somehow thinks they are the leader of the free world.

To return to the OP, YOU were the one who decided to mouth off about "last day". I didn't. The OP didn't. YOU DID. Because as a FOREST SERVICE EMPLOYEE, somehow you know all about G&F office policies, IT, etc.

But I'm STILL WAITING for that place in the proclamation that says on the last day how to schedule a reservation.

Where did the cookies come from on the g&f site?

People like YOU are why the public hates government employees. 99.9% are good people, doing a good job.

Then they come across folks like yourself who have decided that they know better than everyone, are smarter than everyone, are better than everyone.

Your a blowhard, who is protected by a public service union, who somehow thinks they are the leader of the free world.

To return to the OP, YOU were the one who decided to mouth off about "last day". I didn't. The OP didn't. YOU DID. Because as a FOREST SERVICE EMPLOYEE, somehow you know all about G&F office policies, IT, etc.

But I'm STILL WAITING for that place in the proclamation that says on the last day how to schedule a reservation.
I bet you wish you had a union that protected your work from Pedro and the likes doing it for cheap. Haters gonna hate...

number of hunting pictures hossblurred has posted on monstermuleys: 0 number buzz has posted : **** tons. Whose opinion on this hunting forum should one listen to? The guy who huffs drywall dust for a living or the guy who participates in the forum and doesn’t sugar coat it?

Spearfish, South Dakota gets my vote. You will love it there.....Wyoming sucks.

I guess I'm with Hoss as far as my opinions on govt employees. I worked for the F.S. for 10 years and was even part of a rotenone lake poisoning circus (Yellowbelly lake near Stanley) with the ID F&G when they killed off 13 miles of Salmon River back in '91 (or something close). I was 18 and at ground zero of a bunch of "educated" biologists dumping barrel upon barrel of poison (dated from the 60's) into a lake with beautiful brook trout (cuz they're not cutthroat ya know) then having some kid barely older than me manning the "detox" station at the outlet with no scientific plan on how much KMnO4 to empty into the stream once our test fish started dying.
Guess who got fired after this scandal happened. Obviously just the kid and not the asshats who planned this **** show.

Once you get above boots on the ground in any gov't agency you're dealing with ineptitude, inefficiency, corruption, bureaucracy and laziness. There's plenty of smart and talented people in the gov't but their talent is usually wasted due to the nature of their work environment and overall lack of accountability of such organizations like F&G.

And suggesting it was my computer and not a flaw in their system that allowed a button for antelope to work but not for mule deer is laughable and speaks to statist mindsets that they believe that gov't has any redeeming qualities.

Last edited:
So I made an offer to get to know you and now it's a veiled threat, get over yourself.
Sent me your address, I'll be in western Wyo this fall and we can meet up or I'll let you know where we'll be.
You may be in for a big surprise.

Good luck on your hunt BGnight.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom