Last Minute Suggestions??

southslope82

Today I was practicing for the big shoot up at the snow bird and I had a limb split out on me the entire length of the limb. After this season I was going to buy a new bow anyway so now I am headed out tomorrow to just buy a new one now. I have really been digging into the info on the HOYT Katera and Alphamax series and would decide on one or the other after I shot them and seen which one felt better. Anybody got any suggestions or things to look for that one might have that the other doesn't. Money is not a problem I just want the best bow I can possibly get for myself. If anyone has some last minute opinions I would really appreciate it even if it is not a name I have mentioned above. Thanks.

I've been looking lately too after my rig was stolen last weekend. As a Lefty I rarely get to shoot many bows before I buy. This time around it's been a bit different. I've tried most everything, though a few had to be righty's.

Of all the bows I've shot in the last week I'd say the PSE X-force is the smoothest drawing of all the short speed bows. The Monster is the smoothest on the shot of any bow I've ever tried, though I hated the draw cycle. The Mathews Drenalin LD and Alaphamax 35 have the perfect geometry for my 28" or so draw length and up-right head shooting style, yet are radically different types of bows.

They have a heck of a selection right now up at Wilde Arrow. All the Alphamax's and most of the Mathews. I'd suggest going up there and trying out as many as you can. Maybe then a trip to Jakes to see the PSE's. If you're stuck in town, UAC has quite a few Hoyt's and Mathews, just not one lefty for me to try :)

In the end of the day the Drenalin LD is the perfect combo of string angle and super smooth draw I was looking for. Mine should be here Tuesday :)

There's alot of really cool bows out these days. Enjoy!

Cheers,
Pete

Well I Went out and shot every bow I could you name it, PSE X Force, Matthews Monster, Reezin, Hoyt turbo hawk alphamax32 and 35 and hoyt katera and a couple others unpopular names and I got boiled down to the Alphamax 32 and 35 and the hoyt superhawk ended up going with the Alphamax32 I was measured correctly for my draw length and ended up with 30 1/2 so a alphamax 32 would work for me I only decided to go with it because it shot a little faster than the 35 I honestly could not tell a difference in the forgvingness of the two bows anyway I brought it home and started to sight it in the only problem I have now is I punch completley through my 3-D deer target not a clean pass through but It hits so much harder than the bow I had I am loving it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom