Late Season Sawtooth smokepole

B

BowtechNlopes

Took 14 days off I had drawn the late season Muzzle Loader tags for buck and bull. The elk were slow Migrating down to where I was hunting only found 3 branch antler bulls and none in position to stalk or have time to get to. On day 10 we found a heard of about 40 elk with a spike and 3 hours of light left about 1000 yds off took 2 hours and a little luck to get within range made a shot dropped him in his tracks....

487elk.jpg

The deer another story found two really big bucks my buddy who drew as well missed the biggest buck we seen at 90 yards spent many days for looking for that buck never happened and on the last day with about 15 mins of legal light left I decided to take a smaller 4 point for meat in the freezer.........shot him at 125 dumping him in his tracks

3127deer.jpg

Congrats on your hunts. That elk hunt is tough...I had it once. Feel like you did your job well, because last year success rate was 4%.

1926img_0022.jpg

one of the bigger bulls we could never get close enough to always seemed to find them with not enough time

>Congrats on your hunts. That elk
>hunt is tough...I had it
>once. Feel like you did
>your job well, because last
>year success rate was 4%.
>
TY GreatBasin was a tougher hunt that I figured it would be we found the bulls but they are hard to get close enough too

Knight Wolverine and Knight BigHorn both 50 cal shooting 100 gr. of Triple 7 powder

Use the same bullet and load. In a model 94 Kahnke muzzle loader. http://kahnkegunworks.net/ Works well, Although I use sabots where they are legal. Good job on a hard hunt. It's never a walk in the park with a muzzy.

"The fine line between bravery and stupidity is
endlessly debated--the difference really doesn't
matter." WW II Air force pilot

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom