leftover antelope buck

BCS

hey guys here is the buck i punched my tag on....my first ever antelope hunt, so i am not too sure if it is a decent buck or one i should have passed on...i bit the bullet and bought the non res tag figuring i would eventually spend that much on points in my home state before i ever get draw...any guesses on score i have had a guy tell me 77 and another guy say 68...the little bit i know about antelope i would say 77 is hi and 68 is low...

2766antelope1.jpg

3565antelope2.jpg

Nice buck. You don't see alot of antelope in the snow pictures. I would say the buck would go low 70" range.

"i would say 77 is hi and 68 is low..."

Split the difference, i'd say 73-74 something like that. You got a real nice lope there and better than my first. Congrats!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Good looking buck much better than my first antelope buck.

Nice mass on your buck.

Romans 10:13
THE LORD IS MY ROCK
NRA LIFE MEMBER
marines.jpg

fox14.gif

Nice buck - I would also guess maybe 75-76" maybe but without a better picture its tough to tell the mass.
Good first buck though for sure!!

i dont have any better pics....but i measured the base and they are 8 inches and retain a lot of that up to the prong...

They are less complicated to measure than antlers. Print out a score sheet and put a tape to it. It is a beautiful buck and definitely a great first antelope. Getting it mounted?

i didn't cape it out...but i did skin the skull out, and its at the taxi for a euro mount...i'm an avid elk hunter so when i walked up to the darn thing it didn't look that impressive...but it was my first antelope hunt and i was ignorant on what a good buck and still am, i dont know if the folks here are just being nice and saying its a good buck or if it is a decent buck...lol...

BCS, either the bases aren't 8" or the pic just does not do your buck Justice. 8" bases are huge and the eventual score of a lope has a lot to do with the mass measurements.

Scoring lopes is VERY easy. 10 minutes with simple instructions... or have someone do it for you.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

No kidding Sage - if that buck has 8" mass it would be huge!! Would like to see a front view of that buck and see if the bases are fat all the way around, just a sideview is tough sometimes because the bases can be wide looking from the side and skinny from a front view.

For example, I killed this buck on Tuesday of this week, his bases are right at 7", he is only 13 1/2" on the long side but had nice mass.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/9705001.jpg

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom