Leftover NR deer tags

Wiszard

Long Time Member
One doesn't lose bonus points if they draw a leftover tag, do they? Thanks

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

That's kinda BS! LOL. Is that area 10 ML hunt REALLY worth the 1 point I have? Do I want to hunt this year? Or just be happy taking my son on his cow elk hunt in Utah? :/

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

You know there are some toads in there. You also know how physical that hunt is. You also know its about a 12-14 hour drive. What YOU don't know is that after a few armed backpacking trips in A zone, you are going to kick yourself for not grabbing that tag with your one point. Hunting nv two years in a row.....not a hard choice.
Aaron

Aaron...no doubt! I really don't want to hunt here. LOL. I've been thinking I could pack in somewhere in the Ruby's. I know what to expect on this hunt so there's no guessing. The question is how to go about doing it. I'm not scared about the physicality of it...I've been working on getting in shape the past few months just for healths sake. I've got 5 days to think about it. :)

sage- I know what you mean...just hunt. One of the guys on this site has the signature of "if you don't hunt this year, you can't get it back." That really hits home, you know? Especially being 43 years old. I may not have much more time to be able to get up in the Rubys. LOL

Got it, Chris. Does Brandon still put in for this hunt? Has he had a tag since 2010?

Steve

My theory on Nv left overs is this:

If I have 2 PPs, or less and no conflicting hunts, I do it.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Now with 8 PPs I thinking I missed out on 2-3 hunts already.

I hear you, hunter. I put in for the leftover ML tag and am hoping to get it. We'll see what happens.

Steve