Legal question

eelgrass

Long Time Member
Just thinking out loud here....If Trump gets impeached before next November, can he still get elected for a second term? Even if the Senate convicts and removes him from office? Is that covered in the Constitution?

He will be the only president to be impeached and then elected. I hope the Dems have another plan for that.

Eel the Dems do have a plan. It is called screw Trump and the people that put them in office. Hopefully the people wise up and put a bunch of them out of office.
I signed the recall petition on Gavin Newsome, but the idiots in San Francisco and L.A. will override that petition that is being circulated around major stores.

RELH

I haven't seen the petition for the recall yet, but I will. I think we have until February to sign it.

We are Half way on the petitions so I'm thinking Gavin will start to squirm around end of December

>
> We
>are Half way on the
>petitions so I'm thinking Gavin
>will start to squirm around
>end of December

I hope it doesn't mess up his Christm?.I mean holiday.

Looks like Trump fired them up in Kentucky tonight. He packs in more supporters in one town hall meeting then any Democrat does in two or three meetings.
He put the pressure on the "do nothing dems" and I bet Pelosi is very worried about losing her position as House Majority Leader. I bet she is cussing to the point it would shame a sailor or construction worker.

RELH

I wrote my D Congressman Jared Huffman the other day.

I sincerely request that you end this atrocious assault on our duly elected President, Donald Trump. Costly, endless investigations are making the Democratic Party look desperate and foolish. It is sure to backfire in future elections. Trump supporters feel that impeachment is an attack not only on Trump, but us as well.

Sincerely,

petition signatures will never be validated by the california secratary of state for a recall vote....NEVER....even if there are 10 million....

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>petition signatures will never be validated
>by the california secratary of
>state for a recall vote....NEVER....even
>if there are 10 million....
>
>
>
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Grey Davis Recalled and removed from office

>Looks like Trump fired them up
>in Kentucky tonight. He packs
>in more supporters in one
>town hall meeting then any
>Democrat does in two or
>three meetings.
> He put
>the pressure on the "do
>nothing dems" and I bet
>Pelosi is very worried about
>losing her position as House
>Majority Leader. I bet she
>is cussing to the point
>it would shame a sailor
>or construction worker.
>
> If she can get a sentence out of her mouth act's like she is drunk most of the time anymore
>
>
>
>
>
> RELH

>Just thinking out loud here....If Trump
>gets impeached before next November,
>can he still get elected
>for a second term? Even
>if the Senate convicts and
>removes him from office? Is
>that covered in the Constitution?
>
>
>He will be the only president
>to be impeached and then
>elected. I hope the Dems
>have another plan for that.
>

Article I, Section 3. No, he cannot be re-elected if convicted by the Senate and removed from office.

I also have question. What have the Dems done in the last 3 years??????? other than do nothing and go after trump

Can anyone else see this. the dems have accomplished nothing in the last 3 years

>I also have question. What have
>the Dems done in the
>last 3 years??????? other than
>do nothing and go after
>trump
>
>Can anyone else see this. the
>dems have accomplished nothing in
>the last 3 years

I agree with what you are saying.....and I would add.

They have been very busy doing.......something

THE DEMS ONLY TEAR DOWN THIS COUNTRY AND THEY HAVE BEEN BUSY DOING IT EVERY DAY EVERY DAY EVERY DAY EVERY DAY

They have done more evil to this country that ISIS ever could....

It takes zero senators to impeach the President.....it takes 67 senators to convict and remove the President.....

It is really too bad that some of us are so ignorant of constitution.....

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

It appears to me that yes, Trump MAY be able to seek reelection depending on what the Senate could do. There is past precedent. It's not set in stone.

What the Senate might decide
Professor Foley writes that if President Trump is impeached and convicted, the Senate should follow the Hastings precedent and not prevent him from running again for office. In Foley?s view, the American electorate should ?decide whether Trump, despite his attempt to subvert the system, should have another chance.?
Given the timing of an impeachment vote in the House and a Senate trial, a verdict could be rendered with the 2020 general election campaign in full swing, or even between Election Day and inauguration. This would create serious doubt and deep division about whether a president removed from office could legitimately take the oath of office again. Such a result might, as the president himself tweeted, ?cause a Civil War like fracture in this Nation from which our Country will never heal.?

To avoid that severe a split, uphold the Founders? view of impeachment and minimize the perils of division that they feared, the Senate should, if the president is convicted, heed Alexander Hamilton?s advice and disqualify him too, ensuring that impeachment and removal from office results in ?a perpetual ostracism from the esteem and confidence and honors and emoluments of? (this) country.?

https://qz.com/1720279/could-trump-be-impeached-convicted-and-then-re-elected/

>It takes zero senators to impeach
>the President.....it takes 67 senators
>to convict and remove the
>President.....
>
>It is really too bad that
>some of us are so
>ignorant of constitution.....
>
>
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I'll ask Maxine Waters ?

>I also have question. What have
>the Dems done in the
>last 3 years??????? other than
>do nothing and go after
>trump
>
>Can anyone else see this. the
>dems have accomplished nothing in
>the last 3 years

They have been on a Fishing Trip ?

>It appears to me that yes,
>Trump MAY be able to
>seek reelection depending on what
>the Senate could do. There
>is past precedent. It's not
>set in stone.
>
>What the Senate might decide
>Professor Foley writes that if President
>Trump is impeached and convicted,
>the Senate should follow the
>Hastings precedent and not prevent
>him from running again for
>office. In Foley?s view, the
>American electorate should ?decide whether
>Trump, despite his attempt to
>subvert the system, should have
>another chance.?
>Given the timing of an impeachment
>vote in the House and
>a Senate trial, a verdict
>could be rendered with the
>2020 general election campaign in
>full swing, or even between
>Election Day and inauguration. This
>would create serious doubt and
>deep division about whether a
>president removed from office could
>legitimately take the oath of
>office again. Such a result
>might, as the president himself
>tweeted, ?cause a Civil War
>like fracture in this Nation
>from which our Country will
>never heal.?
>
>To avoid that severe a split,
>uphold the Founders? view of
>impeachment and minimize the perils
>of division that they feared,
>the Senate should, if the
>president is convicted, heed Alexander
>Hamilton?s advice and disqualify him
>too, ensuring that impeachment and
>removal from office results in
>?a perpetual ostracism from the
>esteem and confidence and honors
>and emoluments of? (this) country.?
>
>
>https://qz.com/1720279/could-trump-be-impeached-convicted-and-then-re-elected/

Everybody knows Trump is being impeached for political purposes. And the guy they want to put in office is more guilty than anybody in the world of bribery and collusion and illegal activity in Ukraine.

There is no reason Trump should be prosecuted. He knew there were 25 people listening to the phone call. He knew everybody would be able to get a hold of the transcript. There is no way he purposefully tried to subvert the system.

Shifty Schiff is just after this guy because they want to stop him from being reelected. Because they know the majority of Americans will vote for this guy. Trump will be reelected.

>It takes zero senators to impeach
>the President.....it takes 67 senators
>to convict and remove the
>President.....
>
>It is really too bad that
>some of us are so
>ignorant of constitution.....
>
>
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

It's all wording. It's important to have the right words if you are a senator. Or a reporter. I was talking between guys on a mule deer website LOL of course I understand the difference between the Senate and the Congress and their separate roles.

And you also understand that the Senate is not going to remove him :)

well i predict he won't get impeached and he will have another term in office problem is the deep state will flip a lid n plan on taking him out one way or another; after the next election...i have it on a good source ....

HE MAY NOT BE PERFECT, NONE OF US ARE, BUT HE HAS A BACK BONE, AND MANY OF THE REPUBLICANS DO NOT

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom