Leupold Golden Ring Spotter???

T

tshuntin

Who has one of these? What do you guys like or dislike about them? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, TS

i have the golden ring binos, and there great but when i start to focus on long distance i have a hard time making stuff out.

spotting scope not so much. its a 15x45 and when you start to zoom in it gets blurry.

but when i use my burris binos and spotting scope i dont have the problem. so it must be my eyes and something with leupold glass, and same thing with scopes. so everything i use is burris now.

but other people that use my leuoplod stuff love it and have no problem.

I was recently in the market for a new spotter and decided to look through a ton of glass and do my homework. In the end I ended up comparing the following scopes - Gold Ring HD, Cabelas Euro (Meopta), Nikon Fieldscope ED, Vortex Razor HD, Bushnell Elite and the Minox. All the scopes were great and had good color reproduction and image quality. The Gold Ring HD glass was very good, the size and weight were good also the reason I did not like that scope was the chinsy eye piece. I was used to an eye piece that was a twist adjustment up and down (eyeglasses vs. no eyeglasses) and the Gold Ring has a chinsy flap that you flip over. The cabelas Euro had the same chinsy eye piece adjustment so it was out also. In the end I ended up saving a couple hundred dollars more and bought a Swarovski ATM non-HD and felt it had better image quality, better eye piece, better weight and better viewing (angled eye peice) than any of the scopes I looked through. I thouhgt the bent light design of the Gold Ring was kinda cool but the Swarovski was worth the 300$ extra. Just my 2 cents.

The only advice I can give is...spend as much as you can. I used a Leupold Gold Ring non-HD for years then purchased the Hd loved them both.
I recently purchased my first and hopfully last Swarovski STM 80 HD and love everything about it except the size, but it is AWESOME! Good Luck this fall. booner

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom