Leupold Mojave Pro Guide HD vs $1000 or under competition

ShockTroopT

I've been reviewing the site and getting a lot of good info on Vortex products but very little on Leupold's BX-3 Mojave Pro HD line which are both about $600. Have the Leupy VX-3i CDS on my 270 and Mark 4 on my AR and am pleased with the quality of glass.

Any insight on the Leupolds and how they measure up to the Vortex or a little higher end like the Zeiss Conquest, Leica Trinovid, or Meopta Meostars/Meopro?

Right now I have a pair of Bushnell Trophy XLT's and was planning on purchasing a new spotting scope for my first mule deer hunt. Everyone I've talked to has told me to spend the money on some better 10x42 binos and have primarily been looking at the Vortex and Leupolds. Was also hoping for that price range to find a pair that will mount on a tripod.

So far I've it's been made pretty clear to buy the best you can afford and have about $1K budgeted for optics. Was hoping I could get a solid set of glass and a rangefinder within my budget.

>I've been reviewing the site and
>getting a lot of good
>info on Vortex products but
>very little on Leupold's BX-3
>Mojave Pro HD line which
>are both about $600. Have
>the Leupy VX-3i CDS on
>my 270 and Mark 4
>on my AR and am
>pleased with the quality of
>glass.
>
>Any insight on the Leupolds and
>how they measure up to
>the Vortex or a little
>higher end like the Zeiss
>Conquest, Leica Trinovid, or Meopta
>Meostars/Meopro?
>
>Right now I have a pair
>of Bushnell Trophy XLT's and
>was planning on purchasing a
>new spotting scope for my
>first mule deer hunt.
>Everyone I've talked to has
>told me to spend the
>money on some better 10x42
>binos and have primarily been
>looking at the Vortex and
>Leupolds. Was also hoping for
>that price range to find
>a pair that will mount
>on a tripod.
>
>So far I've it's been made
>pretty clear to buy the
>best you can afford and
>have about $1K budgeted for
>optics. Was hoping I could
>get a solid set of
>glass and a rangefinder within
>my budget.

Both the trinovids and Meostars are heads and shoulders above what you have listed.

I own a pair 8x42 Conquests and want to go back to a 10 bino so I compared the 10x in both the Mojave HD and the Conquests. I don't have a real discerning eye but there was a noticeable edge in favor of the Conquests.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never has and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

Wish I could get my hands on some Zen Ray Prime HD's to compare with.

Meostars are what I want at the end of the day but I could get a lot of gear for an extra $5-600...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom