License Process and Draw

need4x4

I am a life-time hunting license holder in CA.
Of course we deal with many things out here in well, the land of fruits and nuts.

But, they sent me a letter this year about the process, from what I could see, it is much like last years process. However, on this years letter, it states, "This is the last time we will send you a letter regarding the process."

Really? Most people have a hard time figuring this out with the letter.

Oh, by the way, the letter contained incorrect info. so they had to send it again.

The department can't even get it right.

They are the reverse of business friedly. Except of course the lady on the 800 line, she was very nice. You could tell that she deals with frustrated people trying to get our process completed all day long.
I was so happy with the nice license they used to send me as a life-time license holder, now I get something that looks like what comes out of those parking machines at a pay parking lot.

Sorry for the rant, but I very much dislike the state I call home, this is just one more example.

The license agents don't know what they are doing, the department is a message machine, and now they say they aren't going to send me a letter any longer.
How many of you spend time walking your buddies through the ca. licensing process. Don't you think it drives people away from participating?

I have bought both my kids lifetime hunting and fishing licenses, and have found it extremly easy to go online and make the transactions of getting the license and tag apps in,I did them both this year in under 5 minuets online.

Do you like the new license itself?

I do appreciate having more than one way to get the licenses and tags. It is better than before in that respect.

We have a non resident in our deer party. There always seems to be that question that gets asked and we have a hard time getting an answer.

License agents don't know. Regular phone line is an answering machine in most cases.

You just can't expect CA. to be like Colorado I guess. It is pleasurable talking to the people who answer the phone in Colorado.

I'm not one that likes change, but, so far the license and draw applications hassle every year is seeming to get easier. I go downtown(the huge downtown metropolis of Chester Ca.) and go to the only sporting goods store that sells them. The Gal there seems to know her stuff and it is very simple, 5 minute thing and out the door. Then again, my own stuff is fairly straight forward.

Yes, i got plenty of gripes about our Fish and Game dept, most of which is not entirely their fault, but the new license or the process of applying for hunts, is not one of them.

Hope you get the info than you need!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

The items I bought on the 800 line came today.

They are nine feet long in total. I think there should be a state duck stamp, but will call to see if that is correct. Looks like that is missing.

Nine feet long?

Sage. If I could live in Chester, I would, believe me.

Called and what's another foot of license?

The nice lady on the first call didn't click on my duck validation (which I get without additional cost, because I bought the lifetime deal for that).

So, I'll have another seperate chunk of print out at about another 12 inches.

It is laughable if you ask me.

Sage- I think that having a local license agent who knows the system and can take the time to help you is a huge plus.

4x4, Yes, it really helps to have someone that has worked there for years and under5stands the ins and outs. She also owns the business so she cares. Lots of cases, minimum wages, when is break and lunch time, when can i go home and what day is payday...hard to get good help.

Are you bringing the family up to Almanor again this year? I have family up visiting right now. It's been about perfect out!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Yes. We are back again this year. I will check to make sure but I think it is the third week of July. We have a great time up there. My boys will be 5 and 7 years old when we go up, the 7 year old is more ready to fish a little. He likes it, will spend some more time this year trying to catch something. I know it isn't the best time for the fishing, but it is a great lake to be on, even without much going on.

One deer tag draw application, lope, sheep, and elk apps... and a Hunting License with no stamps = $99.+!

I know what happened, they went up, but wasn't expecting to only get something like a quarter, a nickle, and a couple pennies back from my nice $100. bill :)

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom