Limbsaver String Leeches

bigbull1

Very Active Member
I like how the Limbsaver string leeches supress the noise of the string, but sometimes I only get 200-300 shots before the arms fall off. Anybody have the same issues or know of a fix?

Ed
4a81b6a51764815b.jpg

www.huntpacks.com

I don't know which ones you're using but the ones shaped like a S definately don't last as long I got better life trimming the shorter legs off them. The newer ones have some reinforcement in them and do last longer. I usually serve mine in place and seem to get more life out of them since i started doing that. One thing I was doing was hitting them taking them out of the bow case and I'm more careful about it now. They used to come in 4 packs but this new two pack crap for $8.00 is a rip off to say the least. I still have a package of 4 that I paid $7.00 for. I'm sure they cost pennies to make.

Get yourself one of the many after-market "string stoppers" if your bow doesn't already have one...

...then forget the leeches or anything else on the string. Not only do they fall off as you've experienced, but they also slow down the string fairly considerably.

The string stoppers come with a few bonuses...they stop that string buzz, but they also prevent the string from moving past brace position...making the bow more forgiving for one, and lessening the chance that your string will catch a sleeve on a cold day.

You want that arrow gone from the string ASAP...and a string stopper does that. You don't want the arrow on the string past brace position, which it will be without one.

And it'll be quiet and smooth too...can't beat it. Great "newish" design/invention in the archery world. :)

I also have the ones in a "S" shape and they suck. I get 150-200 shots with them and the the arms start ripping off. My bow has a "string stopper" on it so I'm thinking of just getting away from the silencers, my bottom silencer has never ripped but my top does every 150-200 shots.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom