lion kill my brother found in November 2003

cohntr6 All of it. It was way fresh. He thinks he spooked the lion off of it. Buck was along side of the road in some sagebrush. When he went by the first time there were some crows and magpies sitting on the fence and in the brush. When he came back by a few minutes later the birds were down so he went to see what they were on and found the buck. Had claw marks down his back and his nose had been broken and bite marks on it. Little bit of the back straps were ate and thats it.

You have a mature buck taken in November, loaded in a horse trailer whole, limber enough to have glossy eyes and movement, with no apparent bite, chew marks, found "along side the road", with some guy taking a picture of it like it is a trophy. I am not the smartest guy in the world, but........

I'll just leave the rest unsaid.

I know the photo looks a little suspicious but I can assure you the story is legit, I know the guy in the photo. And it is legal in Colorado to keep a lion kill or road kill.

That's a dandy buck man! Too bad that nobody will end up being lucky enough to harvest him. Would have made somebody very happy I'm sure. Thanks for sharing the picture.

NvrEnuf

I'm sorry, I was just playing around a little. I was wondering how long it would take for someone to like the glossy eyed comment. haha That is a nice buck.

If DK vouches that is good enough for me. I am looking at that great cape, did they save it? At least that deer was able to pass on his genes, something most 1 1/2 year old deer can't do here in Utah.

Jeff, Thanks for vouching for me!!The reason the buck is whole and in a trailer is because I was coyote hunting when I found it and I didn't have a knife so I drug it to the truck and put it in the trailer so the dogs wouldn't get it before I could deal with it.As far as the cape goes,no I didn't save it because it was all tore up on the back and around the nose.The lion broke his nose when he was fighting with him.If you can take the picture and enlarge it you can see the claw marks on the antlers and that he has a broken nose.I didn't post this picture because I knew someone would try to call BS on it.I didn't even know my brother posted it until he told me last night.It is also legal to pick them up in Colorado as Jeff had said.So believe what you want to,but I know the truth.
Elkhuntr
2 point,I have more pictures and video of the buck after I retrieved it and you can clearly see it was a lion kill.It is hard in the picture that my brother posted to see that.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom