Lion pics

grizzmoose

Very Active Member
I posted some of these over in the photography section, but I dont know how many people make their way over there. I took these earlier this morning. I thought you guys would like to see 'em.

DSC_0053.jpg

MountainLionCrop21.jpg

MountainLion2.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

-Travis

The pictures were taken up Diamond Fork. The cat is a male and was guessed at about 180lbs. A friend and I were up looking for deer/elk and heard someone running hounds. A couple hours later we found that the hounds had treed this big boy. The owner of the hounds said this was the 2nd biggest cat he had ever seen. I didnt take a wider shot, so its hard to see how high up he is. Im guessing he is about 70ft. off the ground. Very cool to see him!

-Travis

Wait. . .I think I typo'd up there. More like 40-50 feet off the ground. Either way, he was way the heck up there.

Great Photos, but I really doubt it is 180lbs.
The head just ain't big enough.
Big old tom's have a real broad skull.
Compare.
just my opinion.
43e3822261e2cfae.jpg

MountainLion2.jpg

image27.jpg

Hey,
Nice pictures, and she is a very pretty cat...and only here in Utah could she be a 180 pound tom.. I am not trying to take away from your experience, or the accomplishments of the hound guy you talked with. I am sure he is a great guy and knows his way around dogs. BUT, not 180 pounds. I am glad to hear the lion was released.. Thanks for sharing the pictures..

Harry, nice cat in the last picture. Thanks KattSkatt

Here in CA they have some pumkin heads around
because they are not unhunted and are allowed to do what ever
they want......... so feel free to invoke the 3S's.. anytime you can get away with it.....
The 3 S's stand for
SIT
STILL
SUCKER

Rackmaster

I dont know anything about cats. I couldnt tell you if its a he or a she. I dont know what it weighs. Only telling you what the hound owner told me. Cant say I really care if its 180, 220, or 50 lbs. It was cool to see, in fact it was the first cat I have ever seen. Yall can argue all you want about the weight. I just wanted to post the pictures.

For today the the 3 S's stand for:

Seahawks
Superbowl
Sunday

Whatever that lion weighs that must been pretty cool to watch. Thanks for posting.

Thanks for the quality pics.
Must have been a sight to see. It would have definitely made my year. Too bad you didn't have a tag.

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

How the freak can you tell it's a she and not a he??? Can't you see that cat weighs 179.67 lbs! Common!
Good job on the photo's. You gonna take me with you next time? I'm in SF also. Later

'It's all about the gut pile'

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom