Locked gates in 2B.

MIJOBCFD

I have a question if anyone can help out. My sister drew the youth hunt in unit 2B. And I was wondering if they lock the same gates every year? My dad and I drew 2B three years ago and the G&F sent us a map of the gates that would be locked, I was just wondering if they lock the same gates year after year. And if so than I can still use that map. My sister has not received any notice in the mail about gate closures. I called the game and fish and the lady there had no idea what I was talking about. Any info would be appreciated.

They do close the same gates. However they might be open still on the youth hunt since it is a little earlier in the season.

On the map my dad and I received from the G&F three years ago it said the gates close Oct,14. Thats the same day the youth hunt starts this year. Do they close the gates the same time every year? Thanks for the info 30inchbuck.

I think they close on that date. A good Mountain Bike is nice to ride in on behind those gates. Some of the best hunting is behind those gates IMO

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Walk the closed roads ....its better than having hunters drive & scare the deer away.I got mine walking 150 yards off road a nice 3x4!

They were closed last year during my sons youth hunt. I agree with better hunting, behind locked gates!

Thanks for the advice fellas. My sisters pretty excited for her hunt she finally drew a tag after three years of applying. This will be her first hunt and her first time carrying a rifle. So hopefully we can at least get her to get a shot. And if shes fortunate enough maybe drop one too. Thanks again!

the 2 B youth hunt can be phenomenal, but you need to pray for hard and heavy snow in Colorado a week before. Without that, it can be hard to find a doe.... Based on 2 youth hunts my son drew there. First time we never saw a deer, second time maybe 120 a day (mostly does). He killed a nice 4x4 that year, second day.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom