Looked at Vortex scopes today and am concerned.

erik1972

I stopped into Cabelas today before work to look at a new scope for my 270WSM. It currently has a VX-3 3.5x10x50 with the heavy duplex. I wanted to see what my options are for a 4x12 or 4.5x14 and in a fine duplex, dont really care for the heavy duplex.

I have always been a Leupold guy but I always leave my options open. So they guy showed me a Vortex 4.5x14 with adjustable objective. It looks great and he said there warranty is awesome. So I held it up and as I was looking through the scope I noticed that if you just move sligty off center it gets blurry on you real quick. Has anybody had this issue with a Vortex scope at all?

I can say I have never noticed this with any Leupold scope and I have 20 or so of them. As much I would like to try one I am just not sure yet. The price point is $200 cheaper then the Leupold but I will pay for better if need to.

Thoughts?

Thanks, Erik

Vortex is ok but just like you lead into, edge clarity isn't there. I also noticed the eye relief of the vortex is not near as generous as the leupold or other comparable scopes. In my book even a $500 vortex is less quailty than a $500 leupold.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

As a Leupold guy who tried a Vortex a couple of years ago I can honesty say I wouldn't again for the same reason stated above.

Just one of those if you find what you like then stick with it. I had to get rid of my leupold scopes back. all 3 failed and I will never buy one again. But if your having luck with them then stick to it. kinda like ford, dodge and chevy

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom