Looking at all options- 13 pronghorn points

bingo

So I’ve been accumulating points for years as a non resident and it hasn’t been a priority to hunt antelope. I’m feeling like this is a good year for me to burn points and hunt. I’ve been looking at all the top units, talking with biologists etc. Obviously you can kill a great pronghorn in units that don’t take 13 points to draw.
If the situation was right, I would be open to sharing points with an antelope freak and putting a big smile on someone’s face to get to draw a tag they couldn’t otherwise get. Not open to discussing anything monetary. Rather possibly intel, sharing back points for other species, private access, help judging big ones, who knows? Just thought I would throw it out there. PM me if you’d like to have a discussion. Good luck to everyone in the draws!

So I’ve been accumulating points for years as a non resident and it hasn’t been a priority to hunt antelope. I’m feeling like this is a good year for me to burn points and hunt. I’ve been looking at all the top units, talking with biologists etc. Obviously you can kill a great pronghorn in units that don’t take 13 points to draw.
If the situation was right, I would be open to sharing points with an antelope freak and putting a big smile on someone’s face to get to draw a tag they couldn’t otherwise get. Not open to discussing anything monetary. Rather possibly intel, sharing back points for other species, private access, help judging big ones, who knows? Just thought I would throw it out there. PM me if you’d like to have a discussion. Good luck to everyone in the draws!
Bingo-- I'm a Trophy Nut Supreme for big buck antelope ! I'd be happy to tell you what I know about areas in Wyoming that I have some knowledge of or know about. I'm 72 & been hunting Wyoming off & on since '78. If you'd like, just E M me at:
[email protected] or Text me : 307-772-1623- my cell phone. Glad to help any way I can. I lived in Cheyenne for 9'years before moving to Ft Collins, Co.. I'm back to zero points again in Wyoming. Ugh. Jerry Gold ? ?

I think you are right you can shoot a big one in a lot of units if you put in the time.
As far as I’m concerned what your 13 points assure you of is drawing a unit with a lot of public and not as many tags. Good luck whatever you decide.

Bingo-- Here are several things to consider. You're sitting on a mother lode of points that could lead to a huge Boone & Crockett buck ! The best guides could really turn this tag into a B/C record book buck. I don't know if that interests you, but the best guide & judge of heads that I've seen are Pronghorn Guide Service out of Arizona, Eli Grimmet & Tony Grimmet his dad. They are Absolute Masters at it, worth a call. They are NOT cheap. They live & breathe huge B/C bucks in every superior state, especially AZ & NM & Nev..
2 Units that are super good are unit 61 &"unit 114, both have great genetics & produce big bucks at times, still no slam dunks. No place is. I guess you know about: top rut.com that has the stats to show what it takes to get that permit. Hope this helps ! Jerry Gold ??

If your thinking about 114 make sure you do your research.
I talked to the biologist recently and that area along with others in that region are not currently looking that great. They took a winter hit a couple years ago and didn’t cut tags until just this year. I also talked to 2 ranchers who said numbers are way down.

Since you have the points put in for the best area you can draw and go hunt. You deserve a good hunt waiting 13 years. Nice of you to want to share your points, but some on here will only look for a hunt that benefits them. You won't need any help when it comes to hunting antelope in Wyoming, if you spend some time looking over lots of animals in a great/good unit. Good luck.

Since you have the points put in for the best area you can draw and go hunt. You deserve a good hunt waiting 13 years. Nice of you to want to share your points, but some on here will only look for a hunt that benefits them. You won't need any help when it comes to hunting antelope in Wyoming, if you spend some time looking over lots of animals in a great/good unit. Good luck.
I agree, pick a good unit and go for it and don't shoot the first buck you see! You have to decide if you are going Special or Regular Priced as well. On the Special, there are only a couple of units you may not draw like: 60 and 61 last year. Then on the regular, a few more that you might not draw like: 57, 58, 114 though you could have drawn them last year and you very easily could draw any tag in the state this year with one under max points. I would decide if you are camping or hoteling (if hoteling what town do you want to stay in) and then decide on the best unit you can draw nearby from the top 10 units in the state.

Also, what time of year do you want to hunt and do you want to hunt the opener or not? All of these units have different opening dates from early, mid-September to October 1....

Well...change of plans for me! I’ll be pointing Wyo antelope because both my wife and I just drew Utah LE Fishlake elk tags. We combined with minimal points and didn’t see that one coming but we will take it!! Good luck to everyone in the draws remaining!

That is the kind of change you just embrace 100% - congrats Ryan!
Stoked for you and your wife and hope you both shoot great bulls. I know you will have fun no matter the outcome. I know I am already losing sleep over my elk tag this fall - can't wait!!

Congrats ! Now maybe share those PP with your wife and both have an enjoyable pronghorn hunt next year.

Well...change of plans for me! I’ll be pointing Wyo antelope because both my wife and I just drew Utah LE Fishlake elk tags. We combined with minimal points and didn’t see that one coming but we will take it!! Good luck to everyone in the draws remaining!
Well done ! Great for you both ! Best of luck & let us know how the hunt goes . Yes, consider sharing points next year with your wife in Wyoming on antelope. Get 2 more points this year for $ 60 & you can still get 2 fine tags in '21 & have a great trip.
Good Hunting ! Jerry Gold ?

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom