Losing my innocence tonight

Deercy

So I have reached the ripe old age of 41 without ever needing to put on a set of chains on my tires. I snuck into Napa today and came out with some. Tonight I plan to put them on and make whatever adjustments necessary. Im nervous.

By The Time I Was 18 I Had Chained Trucks Up Who Knows How Many Times?

We Built Chains For Our Pick-Ups Out Of Heavy Duty Semi-Truck Chains!

Most Of These Wussy Trucks Of Today You Couldn't Have Put These Chains On Em Without Tearing Something Up!

As Blank said a couple extra rubber bungees - the real rubber ones - will go a long way to keeping them tight as you drive. Less noise and they won't fall off. Make sure you tighten them up after you go like 100 feet they will need it sometimes.

Go in with 2WD, come out with 4WD.

Go in with 4WD, come out with chains.

Go in with chains, make sure you plant a mailbox first and come out next spring (or just stay home and tie flies or reload cartridges).

Uh, oh. I hope you have better luck with NAPA chains that I did. About the time you need them, they will snap and slap the Hell out of your fender. If they were made in China, you can bet they will. I looked hard to find quality chains made by Weed long ago. I do not know if the company is even in business anymore. Wherever you get them, I would make sure they are "V-bar" style and heavy duty. Does anyone know of a U.S. company that still makes good chains?

Had A Guy Back east,Don't Remember The State Make Me A Set,V-Bars,MADE IN THE USA!

I'm Hoping The DURAMAX Has Enough Power To Turn Them When I Put Em On!

I cut down a surplus pair of grader chains to build set for a JD410. It must be 1/2 inch chain. They throw up a lot of dust in the summer, but why take 'em off? ;)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom