lost archery bull in the valle vidal

colofireguy

I was fortunate enough to draw a archery tag for the Valle second archery season. On the second day of the hunt I shot a nice 6X6 around 330 to 340 range. I had a good blood trail and was able to track him for about 1 mile. After I ran out of blood I spent the next 8 hours doing circles trying to get lucky and find something more to go on, myself and 2 good friends looked for the next 5 days and were unable to find anything. The bull lost to much blood for it not to be down out there some where. I was hunting near ash mountain on the elk park side about 2 miles in. I have been back to look one more time since, with no luck. I live in Farmington and Iam not sure if I will be able to make it back over there this year to look again. I am sick about losing the bull of a lifetime, if anybody has any information about possibly finding this bull I would really appreciate a PM. I would just like some closure and to know where he ended up. Thanks so much for reading this.

Sorry to hear about your situation. I am sure you have had many a sleepless nights. Ash Mtn is pretty close to Vermejo Park Ranch, maybe your bull went in to the ranch? If you haven't done so already, call VPR and tell them about your situation. Maybe one of the guides will come across it.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom