Lost Bull in 48

C

Coffinmaker

I lost a bull in 48 up kenzie creek just wondering if anyone may have came across it? It was a good size 6 point that was pretty wide looked to be about a 320 bull, the shot hit him right in the front shoulder on his left side, tracked lots of blood but lost the trail because it got dark on me, went back with a search party the next morning and got back on his blood tracked all day but blood was drying up, went back the next day and searched the dark timber he went into with a grid system but could not turn anything up, went home due to work and went back up the following weekend for 3 more days to search, hoping to find birds or smell him, didnt smell anything but i heard birds below the area i lost him in and went in and inspected and found a carcass but no head, just wondering if someone may know who may of found him, would love to atleast see pictures and talk with the person. Thanks in advance

>maybe you should pack a camera
>instead of a rifle

relax, accidents happen, at least he gave it a solid effort looking for the bull. Maybe your tag name should have been butthead.

+1 Baerman. Anyone who said they have never lost an animal hasn't hunted very long. The guy said he hit it behind the shoulder, and looked for it probably longer than most.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-11-12 AT 10:44AM (MST)[p]i am in my mid 50's been hunting for many years and have NEVER lost an animal.have come close twice however. no one in my hunting party LOSES animals. it DOESN'T happen to everyone ! just to people who don't know what they are doing. so go ahead and say it happens to everyone if it makes you feel better but in reality it doesn't. another trophy bull wasted. if i seem like a harsh a-hole fine ! you post , i reply , losing a trophy bull and letting it waste isn't a minor thing to me.

the f & g made it legal for dogs to be used to follow up wounded game for future reference .

Beavis,

He went in and found a carcass but no head... he DIDN'T lose the bull and is curious if anyone knows who found it? You can quit with the self righteousness now if ya please.

Mike

>LAST EDITED ON Jan-11-12
>AT 10:44?AM (MST)

>
>i am in my mid 50's
>been hunting for many years
>and have NEVER lost an
>animal.have come close twice however.
>no one in my hunting
>party LOSES animals.

You make a lot of "ASS"umptions Beavis. If you can come close to losing them then you can lose them. I have never lost one either, but I wouldn't be a big enough ass and assume I couldn't.

why would i assume that ?? i don't take trick shots ect. i would never shoot if i felt i was going to potentialy lose an animal. guess most think it's ok to take pot shots and if you lose them o well. and he found the bone pile YOU THE MAN !!

beavis
I hardly ever post on here but jump on just to read stuff and see pictures. But im posting today because you are a moron and really not even worth arguing with. Sounds like the guy did exactly what most of the guys on here would do because 99.9% of the legit hunters would do what he did and understands that it DOES happen. Thats all i have to say

Read my post Beavis. I refer to your comment that you almost lost two before but that your crew doesn't lose animals, like it's a fact. That is an assumption, a fact would be your crew has not lost any animals. Again, clearly if you can come close twice you can lose an animal.

There are countless factors and rarely does everyone do EVERYTHING they can to avoid the loss of an animal. It's just not as black and white as many people make it seem to be, especially you!

Well I hope you and butthead don't lose one shot behind the shoulder, but you probably wouldn't admit to it anyway...

LAST EDITED ON Jan-11-12 AT 06:07PM (MST)[p]beavis,Give the man some credit, doesn't sound like he went out lookin for something else to shoot at. Sounds to me likes he's just trying to follow through on his season! He gets a thumbs up from me if thats the case.

I don't know he shot it with a bow, but i'll be willing to bet he did. I am with beavis on this one. Way,way, way to many archers out there taking pot shots and ill advised shots. It's a shame how many hundreds, yes hundreds of TROPHY bulls are wounded in Idaho by archers every year. I applaud responsible archers like beavis, if used RESPONSIBLY, bows should have a 99.9% kill rate. It's all the irresponsible archers that shoot at 60+ yards or take quartering to/head on shots that lose the majority of the animals.

Same old argument, now I'm suppost to say I've seen plenty of DBags with a rifle in action. Which sadly is the truth. Between gut shots, legs blown off and shoulder hits by DBags with a rifle shooting at 1000 plus yards that have no buisness shooting more than 100yds that wound hundreds!! Yes I said hundreds of animals. But there are some good rifle hunters out there!!!!

There put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!

you guys assume so much from a post. a million things could have gone wrong in a perfect circumstance. Or, maybe hes was a little excited. we are talking about 2 or 3 inches.

Give the guy a break, you dont even have to post. no one wants to read your posts like that anyway. im sure it is not going to change him or his hunting ways after reading it either.

Good for you for never losing an animal, really. sure doesnt mean your perfect, you probably just dont get opportunity enough to lose any.

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com

LAST EDITED ON Jan-12-12 AT 11:46AM (MST)[p]Good for you for never losing an animal, really. sure doesnt mean your perfect, you probably just dont get opportunity enough to lose any. as said by orion

i have many, many opertunities to "wound" or "shoot and pray" i am sure i don't see as many 180" bucks or 340" bulls as the other davey crocket, daniel boone types here. but i always see animals out of my comfort zone nearly every trip. some trophy class i allow to pass . i won't take pot shots at any animal regardless of the trophy. i guess i am an old fashioned wuss, but i have respect for our game herds and losing an animal isn't an option for ME. COULD it happen of cource.

i set a 35 yard maximum for myself for archery and 350 yard maximum for rifle. i know many are laughing at the paltry ranges. these are MY game limits. i target shoot much , much farther but to me i like the challenge of getting close, stalking seeing how close i can get. it's not for everyone, and thats fine. i have no problem with how anyone hunts, with the exception of career game wounders / gamehogs and braggarts who "stick" this and that or shoot ridiculous ranges and wound all our game. post an i lost a fill in the blank.. and i will respond almost everytime. just because you wound something doesn't in anyway render it to your posession nor is it anything to brag about. for that you have to finish the job.

maybe his shot was 20 yards. maybe he does practice all the time. I also dont see him braggin'. AND... he is trying to finish the job as far as im concerned.

so many assumptions. just not needed.

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com

>LAST EDITED ON Jan-12-12
>AT 11:46?AM (MST)

>
>
>i have many, many opertunities to
>"wound" or "shoot and pray"
>i am sure i don't
>see as many 180" bucks
>or 340" bulls as the
>other davey crocket, daniel boone
>types here. but i always
>see animals out of my
>comfort zone nearly every trip.
>some trophy class i allow
>to pass . i won't
>take pot shots at any
>animal regardless of the trophy.
>i guess i am an
>old fashioned wuss, but i
>have respect for our game
>herds and losing an animal
>isn't an option for ME.
>COULD it happen of cource.
>
>
>i set a 35 yard maximum
>for myself for archery and
>350 yard maximum for rifle.
>i know many are laughing
>at the paltry ranges. these
>are MY game limits. i
>target shoot much , much
>farther but to me i
>like the challenge of getting
>close, stalking seeing how
>close i can get. it's
>not for everyone, and thats
>fine. i have no problem
>with how anyone hunts, with
>the exception of career game
>wounders / gamehogs and braggarts
>who "stick" this and that
>or shoot ridiculous ranges and
>wound all our game. post
>an i lost a fill
>in the blank.. and i
>will respond almost everytime. just
>because you wound something doesn't
>in anyway render it to
>your posession nor is it
>anything to brag about. for
>that you have to finish
>the job.

Sounds like you work hard at your craft...maybe you should work just as hard at not acting like a jerk.

beavis, a couple thing i've always wondered about, and im sure YOU should be able to answer... how in the hell do you turn water in to wine and walk on water? what are your secrets?

you know, bad $hit happens sometimes. you dont know him from a hole in the wall, so who are you two to say and or judge what happened? sounds like he made what he thought was a good shot, and put out one hell of an effort to find the bull. its an unfortunate situation. i dont think anyone will disagree with that. are far as what beavis sounds like.....you say responsible, and that very well might be the case. as far as this topic goes, sounds like an a$$hole to me. make sure your balance is good...those high horses are hard to stay on sometimes.

Put us in any category you want, but being responsible is part of hunting, and an even bigger part of archery hunting.

I agree. Its a big part of all hunting. But dont think only archery hunters lose animals. Thats just crazy talk

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom