Lost Bull Unit 10

agrvarminthunter

Hit one high in one lung on the second archery hunt. Spent hours and hours trying to track with no blood. He was bleeding well enough to leave an 8" circle of blood below the hit as he ran off but never could find any blood. Tried and tried to follow tracks but so many in there I never could seem to put it all together. Tried for days, so let me know if you find a bull. My first archery shot and would love to recover him.

If you want to PM me the area I'll take a look. I'll be out there running around Thursday and I have a buddy out there now that's been there for a bit. If you give me a description I'll have him keep an eye out as well.

Ryan

Elkhunternm, If you are going to be around the unit I can send you some details in a pm but I don't think I want to just put it out there for everyone to see. No I didn't hit any giant, but I hit a good solid bull and you know how it is, one you tell everyone where you found one you might as well go hunt somewhere else after that. I hope you understand.

So I have a question, How long after your hunt are you allowed to just go pick up your head if you find the elk and at what point does it become a dead head situation and game and fish has to allow you to go get it. I have always wondered this on these threads so hopefully someone can clear this up for me.

Thanks

Just curious if this bull was ever found?? I'll be in 10 this week...email me the area you were in and maybe I'm hunting there. [email protected]

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom