Lost rifle in Council area

idelkslayer

LAST EDITED ON Aug-06-13 AT 03:39PM (MST)[p]My grandfather set his rifle down during the cow elk hunt near Council last year and walked away without realising he had left it behind. When he searched for it he couldn't find find it.

It was a Winchester model 70 in .243.

He lost it in the Little Bear creek drainage near Huckleberry Campground.

If you or anyone you know may have found it or if you come across it this fall while hunting I would appreciate it if you contacted me by PM so I can return it to him.

Some additional info:

It is a wood stock and blued barrel and it is scoped but I don't know what the scope is.

He has been hunting with this gun since 1968.

Major bummer. Seems a lot of guys hunt that general area too. Good luck finding it!

Was it wood stock, synthetic, blued barrel/stainless, what scope was on it? The more information the better.

That is a bad deal. I have seen this happen, but luckily we remembered and made it back to the rifle before it was picked up by others.

Have you made any inquiries like this before now? With that much time elapsed, you might be in a tough spot.

Best of luck to you guys.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom