loyalty bonus point

sheephunter

LAST EDITED ON Jan-06-14 AT 07:20AM (MST)[p]How can you find out when your loyalty bonus point is going to hit. Seems like I've been due for a while on deer and elk? Thanks for any intel.

You will get it as soon as you have applied for FIVE CONSECUTIVE years.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Thanks. Got that. I was thinking my 5 years was up a year or so ago and wondering how to find out? Phone call I guess.

RE: Loyalty Bonus Point.

You can also check on line to see how many bonus points you have accumulated.

Tony is right though, you have to have five consecutive years of valid applications BEFORE you get that point.

And if you screw up your application and get rejected--yep that still happens with folks who put in paper applications,OR you miss an application date, then you LOOSE that Loyalty point.

One more little bit of info since we are discussing bonus points and such.

When you take AZ Hunter Education, that point is permanent UNLESS you get revoked by the Commission for a violation.

Then the Commission orders that before you can start reapplying, you must take Hunter Education again.

Don Martin
Chief Instructor
AZ Hunter Education
Kingman

LAST EDITED ON Jan-10-14 AT 07:36AM (MST)[p]Thanks Don. I went to Kingman 3 or 4 years ago and took the Hunter Ed Class so I've got that one. When I called I guess I missed a year on elk and deer around 2009 when the economy was bad. My deer loyalty point hits next year in 2015 and elk and antelope the year after. Already got sheep, standing at 23 now. Appreciate the info.

I know this is off the topic a tad. DON do you know what the current max points that a individual would have for all species. Max points for Deer, Elk, Goat and Desert Sheep? Thank You!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-10-14 AT 06:25PM (MST)[p]Thank You AZHUNTIN, perfect!! Now all I need to do is figure out what to do with 10 resident points for Elk, (rifle)

No problem, good luck whatever you decide. My son drew a unit 10 early rifle elk tag last year with just 2 points, so you never know.

bonus points are away of allowing you more chances at the draw -

so luck is better -- guys with 10 -20 even more points are still waitng - some guy with one or none - even first time applying gets drawn

bp's are basically worthless .

Worthless you say?

Hmm, let me be in max bonus point pool for all the species and see how many tags I draw!

Remember it is based on mathematical probabilities, not mathematical certainty!

Sure hunters draw with just one point. Why? Cause there are THOUSANDS of hunters in that pool. SOME ARE JUST GOING TO GET LUCKY!

But then look at those in the top of the pool each year and see how many of them draw.

Percentage wise, lots more folks at the top of the pool will draw.

I've got 15 for deer. I think as far as residents are concerned I'm now in the top 100 as far as bonus points are concerned.

Will I draw this year? Who knows, but I like my odds of getting a chance at getting a low number than a guy going in with just 1 point!

I have drawn just one mule deer tag in AZ the last 25 years cause all I have applied for is a 13B rifle tag.

Had a Strip tag a long time ago but brought home that tag unfilled. I know what I'm looking for.

When I draw, and I will, IF I live long enough, and don't see what I'm looking for, then I'll gladly bring back that tag unfilled and then start applying for a 12A West early tag and will shoot a fat forky!

Anyway, don't fool yourself.

The bonus point system isn't perfect, but at least AZ residents get a crack at at least 90% of the big game tags.

And that works for me!

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

P.S. A little bird told me there might be some changes coming down the road regarding bonus points.

Anyone who attended last Friday's Commission meeting might have have been as surprised as I was to hear that a one-year waiting period is probably coming for a certain deer hunt in AZ. And no, its not any of the Strip tags....

The BP system works just fine. Eventually you'll have max points for a chosen hunt, and you'll draw. How long you wait is a decision you make. Personally, I would rather hunt and will never again have more than 5 points.

>Worthless you say?
>
>Hmm, let me be in max
>bonus point pool for all
>the species and see how
>many tags I draw!
>
>Remember it is based on mathematical
>probabilities, not mathematical certainty!
>
>Sure hunters draw with just one
>point. Why? Cause there are
>THOUSANDS of hunters in that
>pool. SOME ARE JUST GOING
>TO GET LUCKY!
>
>But then look at those in
>the top of the pool
>each year and see how
>many of them draw.
>
>Percentage wise, lots more folks at
>the top of the pool
>will draw.
>
>I've got 15 for deer. I
>think as far as residents
>are concerned I'm now in
>the top 100 as far
>as bonus points are concerned.
>
>
>Will I draw this year? Who
>knows, but I like my
>odds of getting a chance
>at getting a low number
>than a guy going in
>with just 1 point!
>
>I have drawn just one mule
>deer tag in AZ the
>last 25 years cause all
>I have applied for is
>a 13B rifle tag.
>
>Had a Strip tag a long
>time ago but brought home
>that tag unfilled. I know
>what I'm looking for.
>
>When I draw, and I will,
>IF I live long enough,
>and don't see what I'm
>looking for, then I'll gladly
>bring back that tag unfilled
>and then start applying for
>a 12A West early tag
>and will shoot a fat
>forky!
>
>Anyway, don't fool yourself.
>
>The bonus point system isn't perfect,
>but at least AZ residents
>get a crack at at
>least 90% of the big
>game tags.
>
>And that works for me!
>
>Don Martin
>Arizona Wildlife Outfitters
>
>P.S. A little bird told me
>there might be some changes
>coming down the road regarding
>bonus points.
>
>Anyone who attended last Friday's Commission
>meeting might have have been
>as surprised as I was
>to hear that a one-year
>waiting period is probably coming
>for a certain deer hunt
>in AZ. And no, its
>not any of the Strip
>tags....
What are they gonna do to the bonus points? I think we all like them just how they for the most part. And 1 year waiting period as I if you get drawn you have to wait 1 year before you can apply for that area again?

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom