lumenok

noluck

I would like to hear from those that have used them. Likes/dislikes.
The last few animals I've shot I had no idea where the arrow hit until I found the blood. On my last elk There wasn't much blood even though the elk only went 50 yards in thick cover. I almost had myself convinced I missed.
How much do will they change my impact at 50 yards? Thanks.

noluck,
I shot the heck out of them last year and this year but............only on targets, other than my spring turkey. I'm only a fair shot with my bow at best, so at 50 yards (or any range I haven't been able to tell any difference between the arrows with the Lumenoks and the ones without them. The best I can do is about a 6" group (4 arrows) with an occasional surprising 5" group at that range and they shoot the same for me with or without Lumenoks. Maybe if you shot them thru a hootershooter you could see a difference. They had about 11 gr to the arrow over a reg nok.

Lumenoks will usually change the FOC of your arrow some. Depending on your arrow weight and spine this may or may not affect your arrows flight. Make sure to resight in if you choose to use them.

I shoot an X Force and the additional 12 gr had little to no effect out to 60 or so.

The Easton brand batteries were dead on 2 out of 4 in the pack I bought. I returned them but it was a pain.

As far as using them they are absolutely awesome. I killed a mule deer in the desert last year with one. He ran over the ridge and I was able to spot him 30 min later in almost zero daylight because that nock was blinking (not a pass-thru obviously).

Another time I shot an antelope in the front crease and it passed clean thru and out his rear oppo hip The nocks look really cool on video too and arrow retrieval is a piece of cake with them on.

Only question is does P&Y prohibit them? My antelope easily nets P&Y but I wasnt sure if theyd enter him because of the Lumenoks?

"You skin grizz?"

"Only question is does P&Y prohibit them? My antelope easily nets P&Y but I wasnt sure if theyd enter him because of the Lumenoks?"

First off, congratulations on what sounds like a fine antelope with your bow!

The P&& Club can not accept any entries where electronics of any type are affixed to either the bow or arrow when an animal is taken. Lumenoks fit in this criteria and are therefore not accepted into the records program when utilized. Doesn't take anything away from your hard earned trophty though!

BOHNTR )))---------->

We tried the Lumenok's 3 years ago and had nothing but problems with them. They would flicker when walking or riding...any vibration would set them off. Then when we finally got them to stay off and shot at something they did not light up.

We changed to the Easton "tracer nocks" that are activated by a magnet as the arrow passes through the rest. These worked much better. We had the same issues as stated above with dead batteries on the initial purchased tracer nocks. Apparently Easton had a manufacturing issue with the battery supplier and there was only a shelf life of one year on the original nocks back in 2010. Easton replaced our nocks at no charge and we used them in July in CA, A zone blacktail archery and they wroked great. They were really bright. When you shoot they stay on sold bright for 10 seconds then go to a flashing mode to save battery life. My son shot a buck, we recovered the buck and arrow and the nock stayed on in flashing mode for 4 days in camp before it ran out of battery life. We didn't try and turn off the nock because his arrow was damaged and I wanted to see how long the nock would really flash....

The Easton tracer nocks have a shelf life of 2 years. Our packages indicate batteries shelf life only good through 2012 so it is best not to purchase to many at one time. We carry two tracer nock'd arrows and the rest regular nocks to finish off wounded game if needed.

))))......>

i used tracers on my old Gold Tip arrows and they worked great. Just switched to the Easton FMJ and like that heavier arrow better.

Id love to use them,ILLEGAL here.

"I absolutely had my head up my azz "
TOPGUN

Thanks for clarifying Roy! I figured. I had him officially scored at 80 1/8" Still a trophy!

See the Lumenok in the quiver? That arrow got a tip-tail paint job!
l_turn_away.JPG

"You skin grizz?"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom