Mad

Elkhunter96

Very Active Member
So I find a good deal on a Browning BLR 243 Win mag yesterday. I call the guy, tell him I will take the gun at his asking price. We work out the payment/pick up details and I committed to mailing a check and picking up the gun later since it was a ways away.

This morning I mail out the check first thing and text the guy... He texts me back and says he lost my number, sold the gun for $75 more to a local guy last night and will rip up my check. "Sorry for the mix up"

What a bastard, what happened to ethics? When I say I am going to do something, I do it. A man is only as good as his handshake and his word. We had an agreement and the guy broke it. I probably would have paid the $75 more for the gun, if that had been the issue. So, I am mad...

I have to agree with your take and definitely agree with the previous post! Call the bank and get that check taken care of IMMEDIATELY because he might not "tear it up" if that's the way he operates. Then again, it doesn't seem like he would have told you what he did right away to give you that chance if he was a crook, but no sense getting shafted twice!!! He also may just be a real smart one thinking you will trust it was a mistake like he said and not cancel it! Too bad you had that happen because it really makes you mistrust everyone, even though there are a lot of good eggs in this world.

How much was the asking price, just curious. It sucked what he did.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Bummer man, I hate it when people commit to something then back out. Hope you find another one that is in even better condition, for the same price.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom