Man Caves

H

hoghunter

Well I'm about to start working on a room in a basement to put some mounts on and am in need of some ideas. So lets see some man caves and trophy rooms!

hog.....I'm at work so can't post pics yet. I had a 50 x 20 foot "daylight" basement with a sliding door and 3 fairly large windows all on one wall. When I turned it into my "Dudes Room", I included a 55 in TV, Bathroom, bar setup, Reefer & freezers (holding wild game), shelves for my outdoor gear & clothes, gun safe bolted to the floor, I added extra insulation to the ceiling for sound (helps with the NASCAR "crank it up"),made sure all windows and the slider have locking sticks in the grooves for added security. Then on the walls where I was going to hang my mounts, I lined with plywood before covering with T & G pine. The floor is concrete so I just used some carpet a buddy's wife was replacing so we could spill LOTS of BEER on it without too much worry.

Good luck and have fun with your project,

n

I have a 33' wall so I put my deer mount then a Leon Parsons No Tellum Print, Bighorn Mount, Snow Basin Mulies print, then my Father's snow shoes and then my antelope mount.
I would like to put my Father's Bamboo Fishing pole up on that wall too.

Do a search on here and you will find lots of them. Hunter Harry has one of the best, so maybe he will chime in and post it up again.

Thanks for the response nocal, sounds like you have quite the set in your place.Having carpet that you don't have to worry about getting dirty isn't a bad idea. Thanks agian!!

I had a 24'x 36' barn constructed on my property.
It is a steel framed structure that works perfectly as a so called "Man Cave".

038.jpg

004-1.jpg

002-4.jpg

019-2.jpg

x1_crop_zps712d1770.jpg

066_zps8eaaa8b1.jpg

x1_crop_zps64ef039a.jpg

x1_crop_zpsccb53264.jpg

lynx_crop_crop_zps7e0af47a.jpg

x3_crop_zpsadf9f5a2.jpg

x3_crop_zps9b102802.jpg

Hunterharry I think he is asking about a man cave, not a man museum. Haha Your place is really nice and big.

jeezus Harry....once again you have made everyone on MM feel inferior...Proud of yourself?????....lol

"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."
- H.L. Mencken, the Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

Thanks guys, but I'm small potatoes compared to some of the money guys out there.
I have several friends with much more impressive rooms, bigger and more trophies etc... but I do feel blessed to have done what I have.
What you see is about 35 plus years in the making, I've slowed down a bit with retirement looming.

Best wishes this fall to all of you guys...

HH

oh....I have the money friends too Harry....BIG money and BIG rooms......yours is better, yours is real, you are one of us.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."
- H.L. Mencken, the Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

Thanks Jef.

I've never made much more than 20 bucks an hour yet I have done a few of those big guided hunts (Brown & Grizz), but just could never afford to do the sheep, Africa, etc...
I sacrificed a bunch to pull off what I could and a big plus was having an understanding wife that played a big part in me achieving my dreams, a good number of those animals are my son's too, which I'm immensely proud of and all of those were father/son DIY hunts.

HH,

I could die a happy man in your man-cave! Talk about my idea of heaven! You've created what many of us have only envisioned in our dreams! Very Nice!

EG

campfire2.gif
"A man can be hard to find in the mountains, but you're welcome at my fire anytime."

All respectable man caves I've ever seen always had a bar and a keg! The best of the best always have a stripper pole. Even if its just for looks...

>All respectable man caves I've ever
>seen always had a bar
>and a keg! The
>best of the best always
>have a stripper pole.
>Even if its just for
>looks...

I will mention that to my wife!
-JR

here is what I did to a 24 x 30 steel garage.
http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos2/9153image_(2).jpg
http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos2/1360image_(3).jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom