Max sheep points?

LAST EDITED ON Feb-15-12 AT 05:36PM (MST)[p]No. That means you would have had 16 for last year's draw and purchased your 17th to be used in the draw this year. If you go into the F&G website and highlight "HUNTING" at the top and then click over on the left area for "Draw Odds" all the animals will come up. Click on the PP draw for sheep and you will see that some of the people were drawing last year with a max of 16 PPs. If they didn't draw and bought a PP, they will be in with 17 PPs this year. Counting back to the inception of the PP system, it would have started in 1995 with the draw in 1996 starting at 1 PP and a person who bought one every year would be at the max of 17 for the draw this year.

Yes, 148 Residents with 17 sheep PPs; 27 Nonresidents. 392 Residents with 16 sheep PP; 110 Nonresidents. Anybody going to claim they have 16 or 17?

CRAP!!!I can't remember missing a year.Guess I'll have to check it out.The lady I talked to in Cheyenne said the computer with everyone's point history was down,so I guess I'll check back next week.Thanks,TG.Thanks for making me laugh in spite of this,dryboot!

one_dry,
17 down, 12 down, what difference does it make to you? with your luck just put in and you'll draw a ramdon tag!

According to hornedtoad's data I'll be almost 70 when I draw. Oh well, what the hell else will I be doing at 70? Might as well keep hunting!

Zeke

Wyoming started its sheep preference point system in 1995. I was going stone sheep hunting that year, and could not afford the time or money to do two sheep hunts, so did not apply to Wyoming. I've applied every year since, and so have 16 points.

IIRC, Wyoming did not announce in advance that it was implementing its preference points system. (Or the change was known by only a few. Remember, the internet was in its infancy in those days.) Those who applied in 1995 but were not drawn were surprised when they received a card stating that they had earned a preference point. Getting in on the ground floor of the points system proved to be valuable.

It was essentially this experience and Garth Carter's promise that his newsletter (initially only a few typed pages) would keep an applicant informed of changes in state drawing procedures and prevent unwelcomed surprises in the future that put the Huntin' Fool on the map. And look at where that business has grown over the years.

Good luck in the 2012 draw!

HT

I am in the non-ressy pool for sheep and I do not have max points.

That doesn't matter to me as I am in and I will take one of those Random #5 tags in a heartbeat!

Robb

So if you are drawing Wyoming, how are you going to go on a Desert hunt in Utah!
I think you are getting a little greedy Robb!
Then with your luck you will probably draw both tags...on the random draw!
Good luck bud!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom