Maxing out you limbs

Yes when you can no longer tighten the limb bolts down you have maxed out the limbs. Now keep in mind the max draw weight maybe off a bit from the specs of the bow. Several factors may cause this: slight differences in the limb manufacturing process, how you have your buss cables set up for the amount of let off,the number of twists on the cables, etc. My bow is supposed to max out at 70 lbs. I believe, I can only get about 63 lbs. last time I checked it. Some companies are better at getting their advertised specs out of their bows than others.
WVBOWAK

Make sure that when you tighten your limb bolts, you back them off a quarter turn from the tightest they go. It can put a lot of excess stress on your limbs to have the limb bolts cranked down tight.

That sounds about right, I thought my limbs were maxed out from the shop at 80#'s, but when I had them measure it, they told me only 77#'s.

The bow is a Hoyt Katera and I think I've had it for 3-4 years now. Wondering if the limbs kinda let up over the years.

I will go home tonight and see if the limb bolts are turned down all the way.

thanks

Yes and no. In theory, with the limb bolts tighted all the way (then backed out 1/4-1/2turn) you should be maxed out. But as often happens, cables stretch out and you can lose poundage. It is a good idea to periodically put your bow on the scale and make sure it is capable of its max weight (even if you do not shoot it at max weight). If not, this will tell you right away that you had some sort of change that should be addressed.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom