MDF vs IDA

FemoralArchery

I've been gone for a while. I have a question for you guys.

I recently left a nonprofit that I confounded that was based on getting veterans into the outdoors. Now I'm looking for somewhere to volunteer a little of my time. I recently got involved with the mule deer foundation (treasure valley chapter) but I have some concerns. I noted in their spending summary that in the last several years they've donated $50,000 to big game forever.

I thought, from the time I spent here in the past, that big game forever was a proponent of the auction tags in Utah. That's something that I'm against, so By volunteering and raising money for MDF, I would be essentially raising money to support a cause I'm against. Maybe I'm totally wrong, that's what I'm hoping you guys can help with.

Also, is anyone involved with MDF or IDA or both? What insight can you share as to groups that are worthwhile to donate time and money to?

Do a Google search for "Big Game Forever Legislative Audit" and then decide what you think of the group.

I now donate my time and money to BHA (their Rendezvous is in Boise in a few weeks), as well as TRCP and RMEF.

But everybody's got to decide for themselves where they stand.

Grizzly

>ID MDF gives $ to big
>game forever $. I'd run
>from that.

What he said.

Also, sorry about the cancer that is fueled from my state.

From the party of HUNTIN, FISHIN, PUBLIC LAND.

I did some research and I believe my suspicions are confirmed. I enjoy volunteering and I am passionate about hunting in Idaho and want to do my part to help. I'll check out the groups you mentioned. Thank you.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-29-18 AT 09:41PM (MST)[p]For what its worth I too joined BHA.

BHA has a podcast, on stitcher. First 2 episodes are the Land Tawney, BHA head. Give it a listen, gives you a look into what they are about.

From the party of HUNTIN, FISHIN, PUBLIC LAND.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom