Meindl Ibex Boots

972Elk

Does anyone have any experience with these boots? Good or Bad. Do they run true to size? Removable foot bed? I would appreciate any input..

Thanks,
Jim

I had a pair of these years ago and liked them. They are not quite as stiff as the AK hiker, which I wear now as my all-around big game hunting boot, but they are stiff enough for most people and wear pretty well.

For me the Meindl boots run small, so I would recommend 1/2 to one size over your normal shoe size, especially if you are backpacking or hunting in steep country, but you will have to check the fit for yourself. It is no fun to be 8 miles back in and lose a toenail cause it jams into the end of your boot.

They have removable footbeds. For me these boots (and the Lowa's) have too much internal volume, so if you are in the same boat you can go to the superfeet orange insoles--ouch--$45--or you can just slip a Spenco neoprene insole under the normal insole and you should be good to go & get some additional cushioning "to boot".

If you have access to a Cabela's store I would recommend checking out a slightly used pair in their bargain cave. You can typically get a pair that is lightly worn for around 2/3 to 1/2 the normal price. I buy all my boots this way now and if you like the Meindls or the other boots available at Cabela's it is a good way to to IMO.

I have a pair that I use for my ?light? hunting in easier terrain and also use them as a back up boot. For my primary boot I stick to my stiffer Kenetrek?s (which just replaced my Meindl Canada boots last fall). For my foot they ran pretty true to size but I have slightly low volume feet. Mine are several yeas old and on the verge of needing to be replaced. I think I will buy another pair.

Thanks Scree...I decide to order 3 pairs...I ordered the Ibex, Perfekt and the Alaskan...I figured this would be cheaper than the 4 hour drive to Reno...Thanks for the response..Jim

I have a pair of the Ibex and liked them pretty well, but ya they were about a 1/2 size smaller than I normally wear.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom