Mexican wolf

Bugler

I tried to post earlier but apparently it did not take.
Ladies and gents we are facing a problem in this state. One that affects the area I now live and will eventually affect the entire state.
After sitting in a meeting with ranchers, biologists, state elected officials etc I have learned that the enviro groups along with the USFWS want to have in Arizona 750-1000 wolves. Not in just the area that they have been released up to now, but the areas include the north Kaibab plateau. State biologists have stated that this amount of wolves in Arizona will decimate our ungulate herds.
Now I say these things becuase alot of you read this and are members of various conservation groups. I love this state, its wild resources. If we continue to have things like the wolf, spotted owl, leaopard frog/toad pushed down our throats, we will lose these very things we love so much. I urge you to gather your groups up and meet with other groups like the cattlemans association, the various tribes because they are involved as well and not liking it. All of these groups better come together and meet. Put the heads together and come up with a way to fight back. Im not talking about just hunting and cows but the very existence of rural AZ communities, which rely on livestock and sportsman for a good chunk of their economy.
I have been vocal in a way but im one voice in a very large room where nobody is listening.
JD

This is probably the Worst thing that can happen to hunting in the State of Arizona!! If there are meetings coming up please post the date and times!

There is a lot going on right now behind the scenes to get the wolf recovery program under the control of Game & Fish in AZ and NM. Not much the average joe can do right at the moment, but soon. Success of keeping the wolf population near 100 will depend on dedicated sportsmen getting the proper message out to the general public when the time comes.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-27-14 AT 01:45PM (MST)[p]>This is probably the Worst thing
>that can happen to hunting
>in the State of Arizona!!
>If there are meetings coming
>up please post the date
>and times!

Yes it sure is! We are going to get lots of wolves in Arizona and all some people can think about is posting up another New Elk Video to plug their guide service and trump this thread- unbelievable!

There is a very important meeting scheduled for tomorrow, March 28th from 8:30AM-5:00PM, at the Arizona Game & Fish Headquarters on Carefree Highway regarding wolves in Arizona. It looks like we are going to get more of them and not just in the White Mountains. It sounds like at least 700 wolves and potentially more- all across Arizona. Obviously, this is a very important meeting. If you have any questions, contact the Arizona Elk Society.

If this happens, our state's elk herd will have the same fate as the elk herds in Idaho, Wyoming, & Montana. Then we won't have to worry about New Elk Videos, or credit card hits because our elk will be devastated!
3265wolves_killing_elk.jpg

Now LVTHNT, you can go ahead and post your next video, we can't wait.

Bugler,

Thanks for posting this extremely important thread about wolves & the future of our Arizona Wildlife.

Here is a video that demonstrates what goes on out there while we are at work, spending time with our families, etc. The wolves are at work doing what they do best.

Coming to an Arizona elk unit near you...
www.youtube.com/embed/lqkBX2oGWOw?rel=0"

Don't forget the meeting about wolves in Arizona tomorrow, March 28th, at 8:30AM at Game & Fish Headquarters on the Carefree Hwy. It's important that the Feds don't determine our wildlife's future here in Arizona!

Bugler/Sagebrush and others, Sportsmens constituent group (average Joe group) has been involved for some time in this issue working with Arizona elk society and Arizona association of responsible land users. SCG will have a representative at the meeting. All groups need to agree on a plan with AZGFD and present it to the Feds before they push something down our throats. SCG and other groups really need volunteers to get involved, informed and engaged. Email me or some other group and help out. www.scginfo.com. is another website you can go to to volunteer. Thanks Allen Taylor......

Azelk,

You must be a competing outfit/guide or something to be taking swings at someone for no reason. YOU don't how they may be involved through organizations, donations, and the time they may spend defending or fighting for wildlife. Instead of attacking and trying to split sportsmen and women, why don't you get the facts first and quit hating.

The meeting tomorrow is a committee meeting of the Cattle Growers and other affected stakeholders to discuss plans to try and gain state control of the wolf program. It is not a G&F meeting. Hopefully we can come to an agreement on a plan.
FWIW the USFWS is the one pushing for the 750-1000 wolves and we hope to come up with an idea to stop them. There are many groups at the table including sportsmen orgs, AZ Cattle Growers, Counties and many more. Our goal is to find a plan to protect the heritage we have in Arizona and our members and constituents.

azhuntin,

Actually, I am not an outfitter/guide at all or associated with one. Just a DIY hunter who really cares about our big game and gets tired of seeing these forums used by some simply as a tool to promote their guide services. I'm sure I am not alone in this.

I would say that this wolf debate is easily the biggest issue facing our big game to come along and needs to be at the top of the discussion right now. If you disagree, that's fine but I didn't post simply to single out a particular outfitter. I have done the same, without bias, to others who have used this forum as nothing more than an advertising tool which is obviously the case with these guys.
So, judging by your venom toward me you probably either guide for this outfit or know them.

I represent nobody but myself and only care about the future of our Arizona big game and our opportunity to hunt them now and in the future without them being destroyed by wolves.

Azelk,

I too agree that wolves will destroy Arizona, I have said it many times. I have seen first hand what can happen. There are areas in Montana we hunted for years and now there is no elk. I have no venom toward you, just calling you out for your uncalled for comments, I appreciate them posting videos for others to watch and like I said you don't know what their involvement is. Yes I do know these guys and they are great guys.

Latest update. Meeting went well, most all conservation groups, cattle groups, counties and AZGFD are in agreement. Waiting on approval from New Mexico to take this plan public. The intent is to keep the Feds away from our state's, let us draft and manage the wolf plan. Arizona elk society has really done a great job of trying to pull everyone together. Go to their website and volunteer to help, elk have the mostto lose. Allen Taylor......

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom