Mid week weather

Eastwood

I see we have some colder weather with some snow coming around wednesday. I'm heading up to 2b thursday to get ready for the second rifle hunt on saturday. Does anyone have any info on how this will affect the hunting? Will we see the deer that may move down or does that usually take a week or two? Does anyone have any good 2b stories from the first rifle? Thanks guys!

We were in there for my buddies son's youth hunt a couple weeks ago. With the full moon, it was tough to find bucks, I think they were bedded before the sun came up. We did see some nice tracks but didn't see any big bucks. We managed to get a fork on Sunday, which was ok with him for his first buck. They are definately in there. Hopefully they will start moving a little more by now. Good luck!

i think if it snows enough in CO the deer will be moving in very quickly.ive heard ppl tell me they hadnt seen any deer then snow came and the next day they were covered in deer. i really cant say for sure as i have only been up there once, and the deer were already down.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-24-11 AT 01:21PM (MST)[p]I was there Oct7 thru the 12 for the muzzy elk hunt. Southern CO got snow that weekend but we were already seeing plenty of resident deer.Unit 2 is most popular because of the migrating deer but does have alot of resident deer , and resident bucks.We saw more deer/bucks than ever,one real good looking 3x3 that was wide and heavy and another 4x4 with nice eye guards around that 170 mark , but we stay south of 64.FR 310 is a free way up to Carracas, but they are working on a huge project throughout American Mesa and it's crazy with heavy equipment and roughnecks driving up there.Yeah they kill lots of great bucks from 310,some guys from Farmington wacked a great 7x7 bull opening morning right off 310, but we stay along ways from there.
To answer the question , yes the snow has already hit southern CO and yes the deer are already there, more to come I'm sure, but there's a bunch already cozyed up there.Best of luck...That magic that is UNIT2 is there, I cannot wait to get back up there, so until then , hunt hard,shoot straight and share pics...just keep your honey holes to yourselves...

Thanks for the info. I was up there last year for the muzzle loader season and we had a full moon. This will be my first rifle hunt in 2b, so I wasn't sure how this migration worked. This year we have new moon so maybe that will help. Has anyone noticed any pre rut or rutting activity?

I really appreciate that spur1, if I'm successful there will be pics and story to come. If not, at least a report of what not to do.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom