Mike Eastman

couesbitten

Who's going to see Mike in Richland, WA next Saturday? I love the videos, and have been having some withdrawls lately, so I'm definately going. Anybody else planning to be there? Scott

I'm going to the show, but not to see him. I saw Mike several years ago. Don't know if he was having a bad day or what but my experience has had a lasting affect.

i am from the same general area as mr. eastman. his dad taught him some great things. call it a bad attitude but i think this guy is a whore. he takes knowledge and sells it like it is a set of building plans. the best areas, how to do it. what ever happened to people learning on their own? he is a bull capitalist with no true respect for the sport and the gift of hunting. how can it be sacred if you sell it. i saw him shoot a recurve one day at a local archery shop. i said nothing when he almost bounced one off the floor at 30 yards. he sure did leave in a hurry after that. the next week he is in canada hunting caribou with the same bow. crazy. you guys fund his little hobby. i dont even pick up his mag. id rather wipe my arse with it to tell you the truth!

>i am from the same general
>area as mr. eastman. his
>dad taught him some great
>things. call it a bad
>attitude but i think this
>guy is a whore. he
>takes knowledge and sells it
>like it is a set
>of building plans. the best
>areas, how to do it.
>what ever happened to people
>learning on their own? he
>is a bull capitalist with
>no true respect for the
>sport and the gift of
>hunting. how can it be
>sacred if you sell it.
>i saw him shoot a
>recurve one day at a
>local archery shop. i said
>nothing when he almost bounced
>one off the floor at
>30 yards. he sure did
>leave in a hurry after
>that. the next week he
>is in canada hunting caribou
>with the same bow. crazy.
>you guys fund his little
>hobby. i dont even pick
>up his mag. id rather
>wipe my arse with it
>to tell you the truth!
>

That's gotta be one of the stupidist posts I've ever seen on here. You couldn't be any further from the truth.

The question above was who was going to see him this weekend? Posts like yours are totally bush! Think before you type!

well said elkantler75,

Mike is a little shifty, however Guy is a strait shooter on and off the mountain!

sorry to hit such a nerve with that statement. i hunt for the love of the sport. i am passionate when it comes to elk. i am sure mr. eastman is also. if i wanted to focus on the capital i could surely apply my own knowledge and probably make some money. i dont think that it would be worth alienating myself from my friends and peers though. besides, the world needs blue collar guys to function. outfitters provide a service. i have worked for a couple. in general, i feel the same towards outfitters as i do mr. eastman. they see opportunity in taking less able people into difficult situations. do it yourselfers have my total respect. i get discouraged when i see the sport go commercial. that was what i meant with my comment.

Don't apologize elkslayr many of these guys just want everyone to have the same opinion. You are right. I have tried having conversations with Mike and he wouldn't even acknowledge i was standing in front of him. He is a d__ck.

He was my neighbor for 8 years, like across the street. He said hi once. Guy, and his wife and daughter were great folks, he was very pompous. And doubt he ever knew my name. I would plow his side walk with my quad everytime it snowed.

I personally would not pi$$ up his a$$ if his guts were on fire!

I have learned alot from Mike and did have a conversation with him here in Idaho and seemed like a stand up guy to me. Funny thing is I have long hair and full of tattoes. Most guys think I dont have a clue except for the guys that call me during deer season.LOL But I would go talk to him again if the chance was there. Since I do not live up in WA I guess I will not be there.
Might make it to the one in SLC. But dont have a clue where or when that one is. Most guys its how you approach them and if you can except someone the way they are.
Also helping out or giving advice on how to hunt and if you market that help more power to you. Nothing like making some money while doing something you enjoy.

fca2e9e9.jpg

I really enjoy the eastmans journal. It is one of my favorite hunting publications. They always have a few really good DIY hunts with some high country monsters. Having said that, I don't think the mag is good because of Mike Eastman. If it wasn't for David Long, Cameron Hanes, Guy Eastman and all the other contributing writers the mag would be a flop. Its funny how Mike promotes his own lectures in his magazine.I think he's kind of full of himself. I guess if you like listening to a one hour lecture on tine length and how to score a buck he's your man.

I hope I am not beating a dead horse, but I just wanted to say that eventhough sometimes I feel that guys like Mike Eastman are just money grubers, I also feel that sometimes these guys are an essential part of the hunting community. They give some of us somebody to look up to and help to make us better people and better hunters. I enjoy the whole Eastman clan, but I also have some guys that bother me...Doy...well I will stop right there. I look forward to the Salt Lake show and I will see at mikes seminar.

Supersider, you must have caught him on a good day. I have had booths next to his 3 years in a row. Again, the guy wouldn't even acknowledge me or the other guys in our booth. I would however, be stoked to talk to you cause I know you know your sh_t! But, you don't have slogans and TV shows and lectures, that's why I know you know what you are talking about. Some people do it for the love of sport.

My only thing is they preach all the DIY, yet Guy called home to get Dads permission to pay $10,000 to shoot the huge Mule Deer in KS a few years back. The outfitter had it pegged and told him for 10 Grand he cold shoot it. I don't really have a problem with them paying the outfitter for there service, just don't preach how holy you are.

Outdoordan,
When is this show in SLC? What is it?
Might have to try to come down there to it to check it out. We will have to see. Got lots going on the first of the month though. Any links to it.

fca2e9e9.jpg

I attended his ?seminar? in Spokane about 10 years ago. At that time I looked up to Mike as someone who I idolized (I was 16 yrs old at that time)??it took 2 hrs. of his presentation to totally erase such thoughts. Without getting into details and disrespect of mud-slinging on the internet I won't expand on my Mike Eastman experience.

Couesbitten,

Your original post mentioned a show in Richland WA. Can you give any more details on the event.

The show will be in Richland at the Shilo Inn, Saturday, Feb. 24 at 7pm. $8 admission at the door. Hope to see some of you there. Scott

Are you trying to say outfitters are not blue collar? Boy, you is a strange one.

Super, I think it is the ISE show. Used to man a booth at a different ISE show for a conservation org. One of the top ones but don't want my opinions to stand for theirs so I won't give name. Anyway just seems like I was in SLC for the big convention so won't go. :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom