MINOX BD ED 15's OR VORTEX KIABAB 15'S

thepenquin

Anybody out there have these? What do you think about them? Let's hear it. The good, the bad and the ugly on these. I can see one ugly on the Minox would be the weight.

I think the Kiababs are great and you could go back and forth between the Swaro trying to decide and most reviews also say the same thing

I have a pair of Minox 15s, and optically, they are very good.
Not as good as the Kaibabs or Swaros, but at half the price of Kaibabs for 97% of the optical quality, the Minox are a bargain.
If you are talking about dedicated open country hunting, where you will use them a lot every year, spend the money and get the better glass. If you just want to try out the ?big eyes? style of hunting, maybe need them for one hunt, the Minox will serve you well.
I purchased mine for an open country Mule deer hunt a few years back. I was able to spend hours on end looking through them with NO eye strain.
Your best bet is to find a place where you can look through all three side by side. There IS a difference, but not much. The bigger difference is the size and weight.

I received my Minox a few weeks ago and have been very happy with them. I have not had the opportunity to compare them with the Kiabab's or the Swarovski's. But, I do own a pair of 8x30 SLC's and they compare very favorably. They ARE heavy and bulky, but they fit perfectly in the fanny pack area on my 2800. The only complaint that I have is the tripod mount that comes with it is pretty flimsy. Fortunately I have a tripod mount that keeps them solid on my tripod.

Very interested in hearing more reviews about this glass. I bought my wife some 10X42's and love them.

Really looking hard at the 15X's. Are Kaibab's really that much better?

Most articles that I have read about optics have always said one thing. "Spend as much as you can afford on your optics." There might not be a huge difference but, if your like me I always end up buying something better later. Wish I would of just stepped up and got it over with in the beginning.

I was able to use my Minox a LOT this season during the archery hunt and additionally during my Nebraska archery hunts. They have performed flawlessly! I am very impressed and cannot believe the quality for the relatively low price.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom