missouri flat cwmu for deer

Aaron1984

Any input on the missouri cwmu in utah for deer? I've hunted public land surrounding it in the past and have seen some decent bucks. Any input would be great thank you.

>Been there, done that.
>
>Proceed with your eyes wide open.
>
>
>DC

That doesn't really help me out any. Some actual input would be nice. Not some random been there done that. What the hell happened to this website. Used to come here and get advice and help. Now it's who is the biggest ashole. Or who can make a post that is full of drama.

Sorry for pissing you off Aaron, I wanted you to be careful without airing out a batch of dirty laundry in public.

I drew the missouri flat deer tag a number of years ago, I believe the same person is still operating the hunting lease on the ranch.

Like you I hunted the Pahvant and saw good bucks on the CWMU. However, I wanted to hunt late, on the portion of the Unit next to Interstate 15, where the bucks move to for the rut, after the rifle hunt starts on the top of the unit, where the other section of the CWMU is located. I contacted the operator before I applied and he told me we could work out a time and a location, if I drew the tag. I drew the tag. I attempted to contact the operator, to arrange for a late season hunt on the lower portion of the CWMU. He would not answer my calls. I received a letter in the mail in early October, telling me I had to hunt in mid-October. I tried and tried to call him and eventually he answered my calls and told me to leave him along, I had my dates and my location in my letter and there would be not further discussion, goodbye. Of course the deer were off the top and not yet at the bottom because in was still too early in October. The end result was very few deer on the property, very poor hunt and a very unsatisfactory experience with the operator. I wrote up a report, at the request of the Southern RAC and submitted it to the UDWR for review. Never heard anything from anyone.

Your experience may be completely different from mine. I just wanted to caution you, to make sure you had your ducks in a row, before using your hard earned point on the unit

Next time I'll keep my mouth shut and let folks proceed as they choose. Best regards.

DC

>Sorry for pissing you off Aaron,
>I wanted you to be
>careful without airing out a
>batch of dirty laundry in
>public.
>
>I drew the missouri flat deer
>tag a number of years
>ago, I believe the same
>person is still operating the
>hunting lease on the ranch.
>
>
>Like you I hunted the Pahvant
>and saw good bucks on
>the CWMU. However, I
>wanted to hunt late, on
>the portion of the Unit
>next to Interstate 15, where
>the bucks move to for
>the rut, after the rifle
>hunt starts on the top
>of the unit, where the
>other section of the CWMU
>is located. I contacted
>the operator before I applied
>and he told me we
>could work out a time
>and a location, if I
>drew the tag. I
>drew the tag. I
>attempted to contact the operator,
>to arrange for a late
>season hunt on the lower
>portion of the CWMU. He
>would not answer my calls.
> I received a letter
>in the mail in early
>October, telling me I had
>to hunt in mid-October.
>I tried and tried to
>call him and eventually he
>answered my calls and told
>me to leave him along,
>I had my dates and
>my location in my letter
>and there would be not
>further discussion, goodbye. Of
>course the deer were off
>the top and not yet
>at the bottom because in
>was still too early in
>October. The end result
>was very few deer on
>the property, very poor hunt
>and a very unsatisfactory experience
>with the operator. I
>wrote up a report, at
>the request of the Southern
>RAC and submitted it to
>the UDWR for review.
>Never heard anything from anyone.
>
>
>Your experience may be completely different
>from mine. I just
>wanted to caution you, to
>make sure you had your
>ducks in a row, before
>using your hard earned point
>on the unit
>
>Next time I'll keep my mouth
>shut and let folks proceed
>as they choose. Best
>regards.
>
>DC

You didn't piss me off. I wanted to hear and get details on the unit. And you sharing your experience is enough for me to not consider putting in for it now. Thank you for that I would hate to burn my points and go through that. I'm sorry they didnt treat you right. I'm very hesitant about putting in for cwmu's. I hear so many bad stories about them.

I honestly feel if they don't give the public tag holder, the same treatment as a private tag holder, that they should lose the privalage of getting the private tags.

Sorry I came off as mad I've just seen a trend forming on here where individuals aren't here to help others. Rather they are on here to ruffle feathers.

Thank you for the reply it helped me with make my choice a lot easier.

I'd stay clear of the unit. I drew it with 1 point a few years back. In the end I'd much rather have that 1 point and the 2 I'd have got during the waiting period. Could be a decent hunt but the operator is not interested in making it a good experience for the public hunter.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom