MO DEMS INTRODUCE GUN CONF BILL

NORKALNIMROD

So much for no one trying to take OUR guns.
Molon Labe!

Norkal

"One can take my life but not my faith or my confidence. I fear none and respect all."

LAST EDITED ON Feb-14-13 AT 04:41PM (MST)[p]

How does a bill in Mo affect you in Northern California? Care to bet if this bill passes?

"It has, according to Missouri lawmakers whom KY3 reached on Thursday, a less-than-remote chance of becoming law.

"The bill's sponsor has a better chance of being the next Pope," texted Rep. Eric Burlison, R - Springfield"

You do understand anybody can introduce a bill to do just about anything right? What matters is what can get passed.

Honestly I wish they would teach government in High School still.

Nemont

Complete Text

FFERSON CITY, Mo. -- A bill proposed Thursday in the Missouri House of Representatives is "meaningless" with "no chance" of becoming law. That has not prevented an avalanche of attention from quickly forming.

"We have received tons of calls about it today from around the country," said Rep. Lincoln Hough, R - Springfield.

House Bill 545 is the first Missouri or federal proposal that would make illegal a weapon that some people legally own right now. The bill would make it a Class C felony to manufacture, import, possess, purchase, sell, or transfer any assault weapon or large capacity magazine.

It has, according to Missouri lawmakers whom KY3 reached on Thursday, a less-than-remote chance of becoming law.

"The bill's sponsor has a better chance of being the next Pope," texted Rep. Eric Burlison, R - Springfield.

"Impossible. No way. It has no chance of passing either chamber," said Sen. Bob Dixon, R - Springfield.

"Not only will it never become law, it will never even get debated. It will never even get referred to a committee," said Hough. "Most bills at least get referred to committee. This won't."

One of many national reports on the issue can be read HERE. It, like many of the national reports, includes a call to action by contacting their legislature, but ignores the bill's complete lack of legislative support.

The bill was proposed Thursday by Rep. Rory Ellinger, D - St. Louis County. It was co-sponsored by three other representatives from the St. Louis area, all Democrats.

Lawmakers say this bill goes so far that it does not have measurable support from hardly anyone in either party.

"The Seconnd Amendment has ardent supporters on both sides of the aisles," said Hough.

Lawmakers are concerned that the growing furor over HB 545, despite its lack of any chance of becoming law, would throw up a barrier of distraction in front of the real solutions being debated.

"Most lawmakers, and thankfully most constituents now, recognize that any focus on banning possession of weapons is missing the point of addressing the current problem," said Dixon, referring to the recent spate of public mass murders as well as the recent wave of gun-thusiasm. "The focus must be on mental health. I hope people will get behind the movement to increase mental health treatment with the same energy they have on protecting their gun rights, because that's where the real debate is happening in the legislature. This gun bill is just one of those silly things that someone proposed. People do that sort of thing every session. It is (in effect) meaningless."

Nemont,

You are a bright one! The point is the intent. It affects all of us.
Happy to let You know we will be neighbors soon!

Norkal

"One can take my life but not my faith or my confidence. I fear none and respect all."

AAAAAAAAAhhhh come off it Norkal, Ziggy, Piper, Eldorko, and Dude will tell you that there is no conspiracy by Democrats at large to ban our guns. When are you going to learn, like Ziggy, Piper, Eldorko, and Dude that the Democrats are our friends and are for the common folk like us?

RELH

....don't forget nemont RELH....even alot of the right are in denial......

Genghis Khan raped so many women that 1 in 200 people today carry his genes..

Lets see, some Missouri democrats introduce a bill to make assault weapons and large capacity magazines illegal in that state, then RELH says its a vast conspiracy to take our guns away?

Ron Paul and Rick Santorum, republican candidates for president, both of them openly calling for the sale of the majority of public land.

LOL.....jeezus you are a moron piper

How about this one:

Senator Patrick Leahy (D-VT) introduced S. 54 on January 22, 2013. The bill, titled Stop Illegal Trafficking in Firearms Act of 2013, is a cleverly disguised gun grab. How so? According to Gun Owners of America (GOA) the bill ?could end gifts and raffles of firearms, and possibly ?necessitate? gun licensure across the country.?

Read more: http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/02/s...disastrous-than-feinstein-bill/#ixzz2KwOX7EvX

Only Piper can bring up land when talking about firearm rights. The reason is that he can not dispute that there is a vey large segment of the Democratic party that is for banning guns outright and guns are not on the priorty list for Piper. Piper just does not have the brass ones to admit it.

As for Nemont, he only has one eye open and needs to open the other and see the big picture. Only problem with that his ego will not let him admit that he may be wrong on his stance.

RELH

"Americas mayor", another strong republican candidate for president, wasn't he for gun control?
I guess you forget.
A couple Mo dems want to ban oversize classroom style magazines, and assault weapons. like I said Whoopee, you got your proof now.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-15-13 AT 10:18AM (MST)[p]So being able to read and understand how laws are made is now considered ego?

Who cares about intent? If we measure any politician by intent rather than accomplishment then none of them has been much of a success. Is it a surprise to anyone that some Democrats want to end gun ownership? Seems to me that it is obvious they haven't been able to get that done and now we have Heller to keep our guns.

NorKal,

I hope you don't bring your the liberal idiocy most of your fellow Californians have brought and infected my beloved state with. The transplants all say they hated California but can't wait to turn Montana into where they came from. As a native son of this great state we would be all better served if you guys would clean up the mess in your own backyard before moving.

Nemont

>....don't forget nemont RELH....even alot of
>the right are in denial......
>
>
>
>
>Genghis Khan raped so many women
>that 1 in 200 people
>today carry his genes..

Amen...

Isn't that a fact, the first thing califonians do when they flee their hated state is go to work making their new home just like the one they abandoned. they must get it from the mexicans they do excatly the same thing.

Anyway, what kind of moron would thing the anti gun crowd isn't going to make a few runs at gun legislation? the majority of americans favor tighter restrictions and nobody will run with that? I'd like to say you have a grasp for the obvious but that would be giving you too much credit.

The thing you should fear about any form of AWB being passed anywhere is what the supreme court will rule if the NRA has the balls to take the fight that far.

Stay thirsty my friends

>>....don't forget nemont RELH....even alot of
>>the right are in denial......
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>Genghis Khan raped so many women
>>that 1 in 200 people
>>today carry his genes..
>
>
>Amen...

Manny,

I know I funded more pro gun candidates and have done more to keep my gun rights in tact than all your prayers have done. My eyes are wide open and Ole Wayne is leading the sheeple in the NRA straight to an AWB by acting like a deranged lunatic. Those of us with the ability to read and do math understand that there are 80 million gun owners and less than 5 million belong to the NRA.

The NRA doesn't speak for those of us with the ability to reason through complex issues for ourselves. I don't need Wayne to be a talking head that scares every moderate gun rights supporter to take one look and say they don't like Wayne's lunatic agenda.

If you want to prove that you are not totally lost while discussing the issue how about you explain your post about the gun shop that was had it's gun inventory confiscated for no reason, except for a paper trail showing it was selling weapons to felons. Which by the way Ole Wayne claims he is against.

I don't care if anyone supports the NRA that is your right, I don't because of I choose to put my money where the rubber meets the road and I don't have to fund Wayne's G5 Gulfstream he has on standby.

So thanks for the worry about my eyes being open but I deal in reality which means that a totally meaningless bill in a po'dunk state that won't even get a committee assignment let alone a hearing doesn't affect me even a little bit. If that is what you guys choose to worry about fine by me, I have to fight real fights like all the liberal wackjob California transplants in the Montana legislature that want to screw with my rights I enjoy in this state.

Nemont

Why do you think the SC will rule against sporting firearms? The NRA refused to sue on the last AWB due to the makeup of the court. I think Scalia would rule against a ban. I hope they sue NY on their restrictions and get a ruling before we get a liberal court.

Wouldn't a liberal court simply overturn a previous ruling? There are many cases where the SC has changed course from previous ruling.

Scalia left open the door for common sense restrictions on firearms by local governments.

Nemont

Reasonable may not include a gun that millions of people use for target practice, hog hunts and yotes but who knows. I am sure there will not be an AWB in the next few years. I doubt that the congress will even try to restrict magazines.

I could use a grenade launcher for running geese out of my fields, or for hunting rockchucks. should that give me the right to own one? don't assume just something can be used for non lethal puposes it's gauranteed to be legal. like my nuclear warhead end table.

Scalia did leave the door open for a debate on certain types of weapons, an assault weapon is that certain type. yes I think a ban will be upheld if a case is brought before them. but I doubt the NRA will go there someone else will have to do it. never ask a question you don't know the answer to, that's why the last ban held for the full 10 years.

Stay thirsty my friends

Ah heck Nemont, there You go lumping me into the Kalifornia lib set. And to think I just wanted to be Your friend. I live in a very rural area of the state in North Eastern Kalifornia at the edge of the Great Basin. This area is VERY conservative, more so than some of the areas of Montana. However as You know this state is run libs, most of which reside in the crap holes called cities. I was fortunate enough to choose a career that I new would allow me to retire at a young age. At 50 with 28 years of service I retired this year and am free to move back to the U.S.. Maybe I'll get a job with a LEA when I get there, or whatever. To young not to do something.

Norkal

"One can take my life but not my faith or my confidence. I fear none and respect all"

Norkal,

Hope you aren't like most of the people fleeing from California to the Western States.

Not many move to eastern Montana anyway because there just isn't enough to keep them entertained and if gets below 40 they can't be outside.

Good luck on the move and if you could can you explain how this bill in Mo. affects you whether you live in California or Montana?

Nemont

RE: Sen. Dianne Feinstein,

Dear Brian:

Thank you for contacting me to share your opposition to assault weapons legislation. I respect your opinion on this important issue and welcome the opportunity to provide my point of view.

Mass shootings are a serious problem in our country, and I have watched this problem get worse and worse over the 40 years I have been in public life. From the 1966 shooting rampage at the University of Texas that killed 14 people and wounded 32 others, to the Newtown massacre that killed 20 children and 6 school teachers and faculty, I have seen more and more of these killings. I have had families tell me that they no longer feel safe in a mall, in a movie theater, in their business, and in other public places, because these deadly weapons are so readily available. These assault weapons too often fall into the hands of grievance killers, juveniles, gangs, and the deranged.

I recognize that the Second Amendment provides an individual right to bear arms, but I do not believe that right is unlimited or that it precludes taking action to prevent mass shootings. Indeed, in the same Supreme Court decision that recognized the individual right to bear arms, District of Columbia v. Heller, the Court also held that this right, like other constitutional rights, is not unlimited. That is why assault weapons bans have consistently been upheld in the courts, both before and after the Heller decision. I believe regulation of these weapons is appropriate.

Once again, thank you for your letter. Although we may disagree, I appreciate hearing from you and will be mindful of your thoughts as the debate on this issue continues. If you have any additional comments or questions, please do not hesitate to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator

Further information about my position on issues of concern to California and the nation are available at my website, Feinstein.senate.gov. You can also receive electronic e-mail updates by subscribing to my e-mail list. Click here to sign up. And please visit my YouTube, Facebook and Twitter for more ways to communicate with me.

NOTE:
Nothing changes with this Senator...same old replies all the time.
What a waste and the lefties keep voting for her...along with Hollywood and her SF Gays.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Dang, and I thought she wrote me a personal letter. I'm sure the one she sent me was the original!

Nemont,
Actually I will be your distant neighbor, we are relocating to Idaho. When I was a kid we ranched in Owyhee County. Where we live it gets a little chilly, not bad and not as cold as parts of Montana. I am a little familiar with Montana, my dad was born and raised there. As for dealing with cold and nasty weather, I also lived in Alaska for a bit. It was a great experience.

As for the issue in Mo. You are correct in that if by some fluke the bill passed to become law it would not affect me. I believe you know what I am referring to, it is the intent of the dems to take all firearms. Feinbeech has made that perfectly clear in the past as has obummer.

Norkal

KILOWATT, I got the same email...

Dear Jason:

Thank you for contacting me to share your opposition to assault weapons legislation. I respect your opinion on this important issue and welcome the opportunity to provide my point of view.

Mass shootings are a serious problem in our country, and I have watched this problem get worse and worse over the 40 years I have been in public life. From the 1966 shooting rampage at the University of Texas that killed 14 people and wounded 32 others, to the Newtown massacre that killed 20 children and 6 school teachers and faculty, I have seen more and more of these killings. I have had families tell me that they no longer feel safe in a mall, in a movie theater, in their business, and in other public places, because these deadly weapons are so readily available. These assault weapons too often fall into the hands of grievance killers, juveniles, gangs, and the deranged.

I recognize that the Second Amendment provides an individual right to bear arms, but I do not believe that right is unlimited or that it precludes taking action to prevent mass shootings. Indeed, in the same Supreme Court decision that recognized the individual right to bear arms, District of Columbia v. Heller, the Court also held that this right, like other constitutional rights, is not unlimited. That is why assault weapons bans have consistently been upheld in the courts, both before and after the Heller decision. I believe regulation of these weapons is appropriate.

Once again, thank you for your letter. Although we may disagree, I appreciate hearing from you and will be mindful of your thoughts as the debate on this issue continues. If you have any additional comments or questions, please do not hesitate to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator

Further information about my position on issues of concern to California and the nation are available at my website, Feinstein.senate.gov. You can also receive electronic e-mail updates by subscribing to my e-mail list. Click here to sign up. And please visit my YouTube, Facebook and Twitter for more ways to communicate with me.

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I got one from her too....mine was a little different though....

Dear Jefre:

GFYS.......I have reported you to Homeland Security.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator

Nemont I will answer your question since you seem to be in the dark about how a anti gun bill in Mo. effects us in other states.

If you have not seen the way the wind is blowing, there is a concerted effort by Democrats at large to foster anti gun bills. This is being done on the state's level as well as the national level with the Democrat party.

Take a strong look how many Democrats in state goverment have sponsered numerous anti gun bills. Mo, CA., NY, Oregon, and over 20 other states. These state democrats then go on and run for congress and continue their anti gun bills.

Another recent and good example is the state of Illinois where Democrat Jesse Jackson Jr. lost his seat in Congress and facing fraud charges. A woman with the Democrat party is the front runner to replace him. She has a problem, she does not share her party's anti gun stance and received a "A" rating from the NRA for her support of gun rights.
As a result her own party in that state and one ex-member of Obama's adminstration is putting out adds trying to unseat her number 1 postion in the runoff. The Democrat party has become extreme left liberal for the most part and there is a joint effort on their part to take away our rights under the 2nd ammendment. Even a blind person should be able to see that though the fog.

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Feb-16-13 AT 09:59AM (MST)[p]So the right wing can have purity tests and run candidates that can't win but the Democrats can't ?

Intent is a stupid measure of anything. If intent mattered we would not have gun rights now

The same old crap we've heard since I can remember, be afraid, be very afraid. oh yeah and send lots of money.

The longer this debate goes on the more indifferent on the issue I become. I used to figure an AWB was going to happen anyway so why worry about it too much, as I hear more from it's opponents the more I think it's a good idea because you're idiots. as a hunter, competitive clays shooter and general gun enthusist I have nothing in common with you anti government paranoid drugstore Rambo lipflappers.

The Heller decision protects everything I care to protect. so I'm just going sit back and watch you nutjobs make idiots out of yourselves trying to save your grenade launchers for my amusement.

Like polls? sooner or later you're going to the supreme court. now that is what you can really call a "be afraid" moment right there. knock yourselves out but let me get more popcorn first.

http://pollingreport.com/guns.htm

Stay thirsty my friends

OK, Obie one and two. when you pull your heads out of that orfice, be sure to wipe the brown stuff off.

RELH

That's the spirit, be afraid be very afraid they're gonna getcha.

Keep digging on your bunker and get it stocked with lots of ammo , coloring books, gatoraid and chezzy poofs when you have to go to war with our military you're going to need to be in top form. stay strong patriots and don't let anyone tell you you're not special.

Stay thirsty my friends

Dude I do not have a bunker, nor do I think I will have to go to war with our military. It is going to happen by small steps at a time as long as gun owning fools keep electing anti gun politicians. Nor will I have to give up any of my guns in my lifetime that is left to me as I do not own any assault rifles. My sons may have to give up guns in the future.

After awhile of electing those anti gun politicians, mainly the president, we will see a change in the supreme court that will nip away at the 2nd. ammendant to where not only black rifles will be banned, but most semi auto pistols and shotguns as they are also military weapons of war. We are going to see registeration fees on guns and ammo and fees for background checks just to purchase guns and ammo. This is the road that the anti gun Democrats are following.

I will say this once and then let it go. I despise anti gun liberals for what they want to do. On the same token I can respect them for their ideas as they are up front about where they stand and can look me in the face and say I do not believe you or anyone else should have guns that can kill people.

As for you and Nemont, Piper, Eldorado and Zigger I not only despise you, I can not respect you because you are two face turncoat traitors. You represent yourself as a gun owner and supporter of gun rights, yet you give allegiance to the anti gunners in helping them to achieve some of their first steps on that road they are traveling.

To me, gun owners like you and the others named above are not to be respected,or given any form of consideration as you are lower in intergity then any anti gun liberal who admits they are a anti gun liberal and makes no bones about it. You can stick that in your peacepipe and smoke it for all I care.

RELH

Hey RELH, maybe you should debate yourself. Could save you from having your feelings hurt.

Eldorado

>Hey RELH, maybe you should debate
>yourself. Could save you from
>having your feelings hurt.
>
>Eldorado
Eldo you probably don't own a gun, so what do you know about guns?

Eldorko, my feelings are not hurt, but now you know that I respect you as much as I so some dog $hit that I wipe off my shoes before entering my house. Have a nice day turncoat.

RELH

In order to care about what your opinion of me may be first I'd have to respect your opinion, which I do not in the least.

If you overly redundant paranoid half-wits would look at what proposed and what has a chance in hell of ever passing you'd butt your heads out of your butts and see it's really not that scary. if you're some rambo want to be and think your life is worthless without black rifles and 100 round drums you're in trouble, but no amount of sympathy I could give you will prevent a case going to the supreme court which will most likely result in a ban on future manufacture and sales . so what.

If your stand is I'm either with you or against you, consider me against you because I have nothing in common with your type. I will never give up my sporting guns already ruled to be my constitutional right to keep and bear . I have no dog in this fight and there is no way in hell you can convince me I do. preach to your cowardly goobers who can't do the math or live without a gun that gives them back their man card because the rest of us aren't buying your shiite.

Stay thirsty my friends

LAST EDITED ON Feb-17-13 AT 09:03AM (MST)[p]RELH

80 million gun owners in the U.S. 4.5 million in the NRA. I will take my side of the issue every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I will also take my states voting record on guns and guns rights at every level vs. California's. Even our Democrats are pro gun.

As for your respect, big deal. If you think I give a ratsass about your opinion on anything then you have a way over inflated value of what you are worth.

So now that neither of us has a shred of respect for each other we can begin to understand that those of us who live in pro gun states mean far more to the political battle than those who stand by and allow liberal gun hating members of congress to serve. Before you puff up your importance on the issue you should review which state's Senator is the lead dog on this issue. Clean up your own back yard and I may gain an ounce of respect until then you are just another loud mouth Californian too weak to protect gun rights in your own state.

Not respectfully yours,

Nemont

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom