Montgomery-Gentry fans might want to look at this

I was just going to post this same story. Its too bad, I always liked their music, but WHAT A KNUCKLEHEAD!!

TUFF

Todays Country Music = Homos and ho's! (With a couple of exceptions) Haahaaa... You can bet you arse that Hank Jr. never shot a pet bear!!!!
Eric

polarbear!!!

HANK JR. MIGHT HAVE ONE IN THE BACK YARD BUT HE AIN'T GONNA SHOOT IT!!!

I KNOW DAMN WELL HE'S GOT A MT. LION!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING IT COULD GET WILD WITH HANK JR. & A BOTTLE OF JIM BEAM!!!

RE: Gentry (not Littlefoot) is a homo

Bess..... I bet old Hank Jr. would shoot a pet bear or cougar if it got into his stash of Beam, but not for sport.

THE ONLY POLARBEAR THINKIN' THAT IT WOULD BE FUN TO HUNT WITH HANK!!!
Eric

RIGHT ON polarbear!!!

AWHOLELOTTABULL!!!

WE ALL GET KICKED ONCE IN A WHILE!!!

BEING A MAN IS ADMITTING TO MAKING MISTAKES!!!

AND PAYING OUR DUES!!!

WHAT AMAZES ME IS HOW MANY PERFECT WE HAVE ON THIS EARTH THAT NEVER ADMIT TO MAKING MISTAKES!!!

NO REASON FOR SHOOTING A TAME BEAR IN MY EYES THOUGH!!!

CAN YOU IMAGINE GRIZZLY ADAMS SHOOTING BIG BEN???

THE ONLY bobcat NOT SHOOTING ANY PETS!!!

The video will still probably be aired on the "Texas Trophy Hunters" TV show on the Mens Channel.

It would still be considered a great hunt to them.

That was offsides now wasn't it :eek:

Its Montgomery Gentry....who cares. This guy pays for songs that someone else writes and claims them as his own.............who cares if he shot someones pet bear. If he was your role model then you need to get out more.

But what if he had shot snakes in a cage?

AZG&F is the downfall of hunting in Arizona!!!!!

what a pathetic idiot,,, said possible prison time ,,, maybe those mean ol inmate boys could put him in a pen and well ,,,,,

My guess , is they(Montgomery-Gentry) will pull out or be forced from playing at the convention.If not I'd be curious to see how that goes over...

My guess is Montgomery Gentry just mad cause they didnt get the soundtrack for Brokeback Mountain.

AZG&F is the downfall of hunting in Arizona!!!!!

Goofy sucker anyway! What was he thinking? I think he is a goof ball. But then they shoot pen raised elk, phesants, deer, turtles.

Rut

Women love me!! Fish shudder at the mention of my name!!
It's not the quack but the flight of the wild duck that leads the flock to destiny!!
Quack Away!!

We had a pet hog that was shot in a pen. we called him "Breakfast"

It's one thing to shoot a so called "wild animal" on a game ranch or private land like so many do these days. This however is pathetic. It pretty much takes the "sport" out of sportsman. Sad thing is that if he hadn't been caught the bear would be on his wall and his "Fair Chase" hunt would be on TV. Glad he got caught. Even if he thought it was legal it's still not right! Glad I didn't like enough of thier songs to actually buy a CD.

some beetch- this was october 2004- two years ago. waht a piece of poopy !!!!! also if you read the other link about the outdoor channel pulling the troy gentry "trophy room spot" it aired in july and was supposed to air in october- well I SAW THE SHOW IN JULY AND THE REASON THEY PULLED IT IS BECAUSE GENTRY WALKED RIGHT UP TO A STUFFED BLACK BEAR AND CALLED IT HIS "PRIDE AND JOY" RECORD BOOK BLACK BEAR- I
FREAKING
SAW
HIM
DO
AND
SAY
THAT
!!!!!!!!!!!
now everyone is saying wait until troy gentry tells his side of the story - BULL POOPY !!!!! I already heard his "side" it is for poopy when a "wanna be" hunter pulls this poopy it makes all of us look like turds- I enjoy making myself look like a turd I don't want anyone else doing it for me !!!!!
M WAITE, AZ.

You know? This story could be the next hit country song! How much do you wanna bet that some country music outfit is working on the lyrics right now?

I actually did write the expo and ask them to remove this loser after all I think he is a loser. this is the reply I got from the expo guy, don peay ?

REPLY----
Dear Michael,

Thanks for taking the time to write.

But please, remember a few things.

In America, you are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
The media always takes and anti-hunting position. Please go to the Montgomery Gentry Website and see their version of this story.
Troy Gentry has a long, long record of being a great conservationist, and ONE of the few sportsmen who has spoken public ally in favor of hunting ? very few celebs. Take a stand, as it might hurt their endorsement capabilities. Troy has always been in sportsmen camp.
Those supporting the convention support ethical behavior of hunters, however, we have had long dealings with the anti-hunting media, and even some in law enforcement who are anti-hunters and will do anything to smear hunting. There are numerous cases where sportsmen have been falsely charged.

We are going to see what the courts have to say.

To react to something you read from a liberal, anti-hunting newspaper is NOT the way to do business.

In many ways, to throw out a good sportsmen, falsely accused is like caving into the terrorists like the Spaniards did.

We will watch, and ask you NOT to rush to judgment.

Don Peay

I guess I am an anti hunter liberal just smearing poor little troy gentry

F@CK THAT POOPY !!!!!

I suggest some of you all reply to this guy, he seems to know everything anyway.

M WAITE, AZ.

This type of stuff is but one of the reasons why I don't care for guided/outfitted hunts or serious trophy hunting in general. To me, if I didn't take the animal on my own, I won't be satisfied with the hunt. To me, planning the hunt, scouting the area, spotting the game, shooting it (without some guide coaching me), and packing it out on my own or with friends or family is the reason why I go to begin. I do my own cooking, cleaning, driving, reloading, sighting in, etc. They are all part of the game.

As far as I'm concerned, hunting is not a hobby, it's a LIFESTYLE.

Just my 2 cents.

This has nothing to do with guides/outfitters IAhunter. This has to do with character or the lack thereof. I do believe that IF he did this he should and will be uninvited to the Convention in January but, the last thing we should do is rush to judgement based on a article from on of the most anti-hunting newspapers in the country. I will change the station everytime they play one of their songs if this what really happened but, until I get ALL the facts I aint hangin nobody.

Not the outfitter thing again. Some scooter trash wanabee is "accused" of whackin Smokey in a fence and thats why you dont care for the outfitter/guide thing??

life IS good

I'm tired of seeing a bunch of metro-sexual country stars that look more like bee-boppin' backstreet flamers than well, country folk. This new country generation is too much for me, anybody else agree?

100% agree.

Well, the ladies sure got better lookin'.

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

What a double standard I see. Now folks, this is just an observation to point something out. I agree we should let the courts decide what did and did not happen. Here is the double standard I see; Why are the folks here hanging this guy for an alleged crime and a MM moderator/regular who knows good Colorado spots IS CONVICTED and we should not judge it was only a mistake and one to be learned from? Maybe Troy Gentry will be sorry too if guilty? Maybe all threads that speak of Gentry will be nuked? Maybe he can tell us where to get a big bear later on?

Carry on not hijacking!

one thing is very CLEAR, you at no time EVER HEARD ME defend any mm moderator from this or any other site who "knows a good spot" my ethics are clear- "F THEM ALL" troy boy gentry, mm moderator, you, the pope, any swinging ball sack or vagina who is FEDERALLY INDICTED for crimes against animals must have done something wrong or the feds would not be there with a court sealed two year old FEDERAL CASE. bottom line is this- you poach, steal game, shoot penned animals, have sex with the same gender, whatever - same answer F 'EM !!!!!

C'mon Michael...

Tell us how you REALLY feel.

bustedchef.jpg

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

Wheres the guy that said "it's just the market providing a willing buyer and a willing seller." I believe it was on the $10,000 finders fee post.

"One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

To imply this is about Gentry being lambasted by "the most anti-hunting newspaper" in the country misses the issue by a mile. Minnesota is filled with hunters and fisherman and the star and tribune which is, granted a liberal newspaper understands that. They may be anti-shooting bears in pens and shooting deer in pens over feeders but they would lose 1/2 of their Minnesota readership if they were "anti-hunting" as is suggested here. It just ain't so. Whether this guy is found guilty or not doesn't much matter either. FACT He paid $4600 to shoot a domestic bear FACT He shot it within the confines of 2 or 3 acres (My yard is bigger than that) FACT He in cahoots with Hunter Specialties (along with their regular line-up of shooting whitetail deer in pens and with feed in their mouths) filmed this debacle and intended to air it as a fair-chase hunting event. FACT He tagged a game farm animal implying it was fair chase.

The only thing he is contesting here is whether he should have known it was illegal to tag poor little Cubby. His defense that-the outfitter (or in this case the pen manager) mislead him so it is the outfitters fault, so Gentry contends he did nothing wrong. What is really disgusting is that Northern Minnesota, Wisconsin and Southern Ontario are crawling with black bears-if Gentry would have been willing to spend 4 days and $2,000 he could have easily taken a legally baited mature bear. We are being overrun with wild bears and they need to be harvested.

This is a case of someone with too much money and the over-inlfated ego that goes with it. Having the biggest trophy no matter what it takes is all that matters. Whether innocent (which he will be found ) or guilty he is a BUM and a disgrace to anyone calling themselves a hunter and certainly not just a victim of the liberal media.

Good post gl7mm. The Star Tribune is left leaning but certainly not anti-hunting. Dennis Anderson has an article today defending Gentry. Whether he is guilty of a crime or not, the guy is a complete loser in my book for paying more to shoot a bear in a pen and passing it off as fair chase than if he'd but a couple days in the woods at half the cost. The Don Peay reply is funny as well. What a flippin tea-bagger.

"Whatever you are, be a good one."
- Abraham Lincoln

There is nothing wrong with the way Don Peay replied. Actually it was pretty professional, and he is right people have been wrongly accused or set up before.

Guily is not the issue with some on this, as long as rich pr***s get badmouthed and somehow tie in Don Peay its all good. Never miss a chance to show your bias right guys?
I guess innocent UNTIL proven guilty need not apply when an agenda is the driving force of your thought (lack of) process. Then bring in the finders fee issue as well. Hell lets bring in some other stuff that has nothing to do with this story,global warming,gangs,war on terror,drought. I'm sure SFW and all the rich guy who pay finder fees are to blame for all this as well!

From whats been stated in the article, there really isnt a question of whether or not the bear was tame and shot in a pen. It also sounds like the bear was tagged improperly and the hunt was tried to be passed off as a wild hunt for bear in Minnesota.

Those are just facts.

Now, you have the guy that killed the bear claiming, "I thought everything was legal." Thats the most lame a$$ed excuse in the book. I bet nobody else thats been accused of a crime has ever come up with that excuse before.

IMO, the guy that shot the bear is just as guilty as the owner of the bear. You have Don Peay claiming the guy is such a great sportsmen and spokesman for hunting...I disagree. It is 100% the hunters responsibility to research THEIR OWN HUNTS. Its also 100% the hunters responsibility to UNDERSTAND THE HUNTING REGULATIONS. This clown did neither research nor bother to read the basic regulations...and frankly he never intended to. Its his own fault and now that he's been busted, he and his attorney are blaming it all on the owner of the penned bear. Every rat for themselves I guess when the ship is sinking. Sure a stand up guy that Troy Gentry.

If this no-talent a$$clown is the best the hunting industry and hunters can come up with as a spokesman for hunting...we're sunk. The hunting community doesnt need him. Kick the bum out.

Tame bear huntin is always more expesive. Takes lots of bucks to grow a bear for four or five years and to train it to sit, come, stay and most important stand on hind legs and look fierce.

he is caught shooting a tame bear in a acre pen- yeah my yards a far chunk bigger that that too- he is CAUGHT shooting a pen raised bear, CAUGHT shooting it in a fenced- HIGH fenced arena, he is CAUGHT placing a wild bear tag on a tame bear- CAUGHT ! now it's oh he's such a good sportsman, he does so much for the community, he is such a pilar of hunters rights- if that guy is EVER hunting near me or representing me in any way I will QUIT hunting. he was CAUGHT- done- conversation over !!!!!
M WAITE, AZ.

this is the reply I just received from the MULE DEER foundation guy I also wrote, basically they are going to still play I guess. too bad really !!!!!
M WAITE, AZ.

Michael

Thanks for the email. I am sorrow it has taken awhile for me to respond but I have been out of town until 2 days ago..

I do not know the full details of the Troy Gentry case. I have read some articles like many have but I will let justice work this out.

Montgomery, Gentry was hired for entertainment purposes only. They are not speaking on wildlife or conservation. It would be premature as well as unfair to judge someone just because they have been accused of something that quit possibly is false or greatly distorted. I have discussed this with my chairman of the board and he feels the same way.

I would be glad to visit with you if you would like. I will be back in the country on September 2nd and would be glad to visit then.

Thanks

Tony Abbott
General Manager
Mule Deer Foundation
801-885-1274

I'm sure the MDF has a contractual obligation. They can't just cancel it - he has been indicted by a Federal Grand Jury certainly not convicted. Besides I believe it may be way more interesting to see what kind of reception he gets from that crowd. Whether he gets out of this or not he is going to be hanging his head for awhile.

It appears that this act from a "Country Entertainer" has really upset a few hunters on this site, since that singer is contracted to sing at the Mule Deer Foundation convention. If I was that upset, I would just boycott that convention, even if I had already purchased tickets.
I would send a note to the president of the foundation and tell him why I will not be there. If enought people did this, they would get the hint. If I also felt strongly about the position that the foundation was taking on this incident, I would cancel my membership, that way I would not be apply a double-standard set of rules to my hunting ethics.
On the other hand, if this was not that big of issue, I would go about my routine and not worry about it to the point of blowing a gasket.
Now to the real issue, I will give 5 to 1 odds that both suspects will cut each other's throat when it comes to court time, these class of persons have no real morals when it comes to being a "stand up guy" and face the truth concerning their actions.

RELH

here is another reply from the guys I sent my objection to, this is from the sheep fellas, sounds pretty normal but at least his reply has a little vinegar in it- I like that !!!!!
M WAITE, AZ.

Michael:

Sorry for the delay in my response - unfortunately your email got trapped in my Spam filter.

I also was quite disturbed about the news item involving Troy Gentry's "bear hunt." Fair chase hunting is embedded within the mission statement of FNAWS and it is something that I personally and our many members hold dear.

If found to be true, FNAWS will certainly act accordingly in regards to our entertainment selections. Fortunately, we still live in a country where people are innocent until found guilty - not in the newspapers, but in a court of law. The Montgomery Gentry website - not surprisingly - is offering a different version of the events.

This should also be a warning to each of us. We place a great deal of trust in a guide - to take us to a legal hunt area, to find a legal animal, and to properly interpret the regulations. Of course, the ultimate responsibility remains with the one who pulls the trigger or releases the arrow.

Thank you for sharing your concerns with me, and I hope to see you in Salt Lake City.

Ray Lee

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom