More from today...

utehunter

Very Active Member
Went out today an found a few. Not a bad day at all.
SU1HMDAyMjUtMjAxMTAyMjgtMTMyOS5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDAyMjctMjAxMTAyMjgtMTMyOS5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDAyMjgtMjAxMTAyMjgtMTMzMC5qcGc.jpg

hey Ute i noticed a lot of you guys from Utah and states with terrain like yours find a lot of white horns. it seems as if with a lot of shed hunters out there these days it would be the opposite. Do you always go to new spots or do you think people just miss sheds easily and thats why they are a year old? kinda broad question but give me some insight please. Find the horn Goose!

>hey Ute i noticed a lot
>of you guys from Utah
>and states with terrain like
>yours find a lot of
>white horns. it seems as
>if with a lot of
>shed hunters out there these
>days it would be the
>opposite. Do you always go
>to new spots or do
>you think people just miss
>sheds easily and thats why
>they are a year old?
>kinda broad question but give
>me some insight please.
>Find the horn Goose!

Realizing that your question was directed to Ute, I'm taking some liberty to reply.

Brown's are very easy to miss. White antlers stick out and are easier to find. My neighbor just picked up a white 4 point. It was a last years shed. I didn't believe him when he told me where he picked it up. Between the two of us, we had walked passed it a dozen times, within 15 feet of the stupid thing! We have been shed hunting through areas that were hit hard and found several. Until your eyes are dialed in (and some times not even then) its easy to miss brown antlers. They just blend in too well.

If your shed hunting and see tons of foot prints don't get too discouraged. They may have found some but I gaurantee that they didn't find them all.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-03-11 AT 06:17PM (MST)[p]>hey Ute i noticed a lot
>of you guys from Utah
>and states with terrain like
>yours find a lot of
>white horns. it seems as
>if with a lot of
>shed hunters out there these
>days it would be the
>opposite. Do you always go
>to new spots or do
>you think people just miss
>sheds easily and thats why
>they are a year old?
>kinda broad question but give
>me some insight please.
>Find the horn Goose!

Well 1st Im not from Utah Im from Colorado! And like pine said u cant find them all. I go to the same places every year and still pick up horns from years before that is just the way it works. Once in awhile I will find new spots an hit that up but for the most part i have my araes that I hit every year are every other year seems to do good for me.

I guess that does make sense, the big shed that i posted labeled "another brownie" i actually almost stepped on. i looked down it was within 12 inches of my left foot, my heart about exploded. its weird how it works that way. the area i have found a couple this year gets hit hard and i mean hard. yet i found 4 whites and 3 browns this year. kinda weird but thanks for the reason and insight, crazy how we can walk right by so many and never even know it. thanks pine and ute. Find the horn Goose!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom